Home

Timeout Menu is horrible

This is a discussion on Timeout Menu is horrible within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 04:59 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Timeout Menu is horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Or...

You could adapt and get used to it, instead of complaining about anything new that you personally don't get, and having it to change.
Or as others have already mentioned 2k, should focus on FIXING what is not working first, then proceed to changes

Timeouts and POE's were working previous years,
Now neither subs or POE's work properly.
The complaining would be significantly less if this was only a visual issue and this damn thing WORKED. But it doesn't.

Please stop copy-pasting the same post over and over. You look like 13 years old and not 31.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #50
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

Time out menu adjustments not being applied (including subs!) is something I have absolutely NO IDEA how it could have got through QA/testing. I dont work for gaming industry but am involved in development and this is pure laziness.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #51
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
Time out menu adjustments not being applied (including subs!) is something I have absolutely NO IDEA how it could have got through QA/testing. I dont work for gaming industry but am involved in development and this is pure laziness.
Agreed. I know they had to push this game out early and everything, but making adjustments in basketball is an essential part of the game. With all the great hoops minds at 2K, I'm baffled that this was able to slip by them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
These things do NOT get through....no one coukd possibly play it and not notice it. The devs especially

Games simply get released with everyone knowing exactly what bugs are there...thus we get patches. Release dates are so tigh it means games simply go out with known bugs and patches fix it all up post release..

Last edited by Walt Frazier; 09-20-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #53
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

So if we leave ACE on, is it possible that because of the adjustments glitch, that no adjustments are being made?

Could that equate to why every single game I play, the scoring is THROUGH THE ROOF? I mean like 130-125 type stuff.....

I'm hoping they fix the adjustments and as a result it leads to lower FG% and scores.....

Dunno if it has bearing or not....
Old 09-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

2k i love most things uve done but it was absolute dick move to fck with the sub menu again this year. they were perfect 4 years ago

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #55
Rookie

There's simply too much to go through in too little time. You're lucky if you can make 3-4 changes if you know exactly where they are. God help you if it's a 20 second time out. And then the changes don't even last.

Further, I'm not even sure what half of it means--one of the defensive options is "make him work." WTF does that mean? That's not a formal name for an actual basketball concept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Agreed. I know they had to push this game out early and everything, but making adjustments in basketball is an essential part of the game. With all the great hoops minds at 2K, I'm baffled that this was able to slip by them.
Czar, who I think is great, has a video on the timeout menu and he says in it that he's not sure if the adjustments last until the next timeout or for 1-2 possessions, saying he isn't sure which version of the game we got.

What? How is that a thing? That's a HUGE deal, to put this entire system in and not even know whether the options last?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »