Home

Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB)

This is a discussion on Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB)

Dont know if its been mentioned but another problem with SWB is that peoples Lateral quickness is pretty much as high as some playstyles SWB.

For example: I got 2 players, a slasher and a playmaker.

My Slasher maxes at 77 SWB and my Playmaker Lateral quickness maxes at 75.

See the problem? Pretty obvious.

77 SWB Vs 75 Lateral quickness.

94 SWB vs 74 Lateral quickess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #42
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope a developer can come in this thread and truly explain how this rating works and why.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #43
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I just did a quick test. I gave a player 25 speed and 99 speed without ball.

The sight of him running in concrete without the ball and tuning into Westbrook when dribblin gave me a chuckle.

Then I did a more realistic test. Speed at 80, speed with ball at 90. And I noticed that he would start in a jog before fully sprinting despite the fact I simply held the left stick.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #44
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
I hope a developer can come in this thread and truly explain how this rating works and why.
ya or at least tune it in a patch if this is actually true.

its weird af having builds faster with the ball than without. that just makes zero sense.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #45
Rookie

Pound4pound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmartin86
Last year I saw an analytic which tracked the distance each player ran during the season and their average speed. Now, this could be an oversight on 2K's behalf and they really did think that a player could run faster while performing a task than they could while just sprinting, but maybe their thinking was, "without the ball, player A only moves this fast (possibly in an effort to conserve energy or they simply have a lack of desire), despite the fact that they have a much higher speed potential, however, they use that full potential with the ball because they are motivated to use their full speed."

Your on the right track. I understand what they are saying but to me It does make sense.. If steph curry gets a steal and has a fastbreak he shouldn't be getting chased down by anyone an 83 speed makes sense becuz hes not that fast really but with the ball hes much faster getting to the basket or blowing by defenders so I like it.. It may not makes sense by the numbers but it works during gameplay to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #46
Rookie

Pound4pound's Arena

I played college ball. I can honestly say that I am faster with the ball than without.. Now lateral qickness should take a hit unless its a john wall type but straight line speed im ok with it being higher
Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #47
Pro

A slasher should definitely be more explosive than a playmaker. I doubt 2k will change it but as it stands it's way harder to check a playmaker because of their speed with ball & ball control.

Slasher should have slightly higher swb than playmaker because not all playmakers are quick off the dribble. I'm okay with the playmaker having 94 ball control but the added swb is overkill lol. Slasher should at least have around 85 swb because as it stands my sharpshooter had the same swb as a slasher and that's not very logical.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #48
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pound4pound
I played college ball. I can honestly say that I am faster with the ball than without.. Now lateral qickness should take a hit unless its a john wall type but straight line speed im ok with it being higher
With all due respect, I can think of no physical reason how someone can be faster dribbling a basketball compared to sprinting without dribbling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »