Home

The soundtrack of 2k17

This is a discussion on The soundtrack of 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #17
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The soundtrack of 2k17

I haven't outwardly enjoyed an NBA 2k soundtrack in probably 5 years. I'm an underground hip-hop/indie rock guy so the move away from that to more commercialized stuff has hurt. There's been some good finds and nice hits along the way but by and large picking already popular songs for a video game soundtrack is somewhat irritating. In most cases I'm already sick of the song before it's even in the game. Luckily, there's a mute option and it's easier than ever to stream Spotify behind a game on PS4 so I can't complain!
Old 09-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

As usual, it's the best of the sports game soundtracks. I like it. It's also the first year I haven't paid much attention to what's going on in music so it's been fun to not know some of the songs for once as a former music critic who had his ear on everything. There's also a LOT of song, which is cool.

The Imagine Dragons song is about the only one I'm not all that into, but I've never liked anything from that band. All of it sounds like bull**** commercial transition / press conference buzz reel music, which I guess is why the NBA and corporations are so in love with them, but it's just super bland music to me. I actually cracked up laughing the first time I heard dude's vocals on the song on this soundtrack, it's so fake and a weird juxtaposition with the music, it's like P.O.D. and Coldplay formed a supergroup.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
It puzzles me why you Americans view Drake as a musician worth listening to.

It's slow, auto tune rubbish. It's elevator music.
Auto Tune? 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #20
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

The soundtrack this year is pretty meh compared to 2k16's. Though not as bad as Pharell's garbage 2k15 soundtrack.

The only songs I truly don't like are Santigold's Creator (how that pathetic song makes it for the 3rd year is beyond me), and that one song that sounds like some pokemon anime chick screaming at the top of her lungs. Think it's the one by Grimes?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
It puzzles me why you Americans view Drake as a musician worth listening to.

It's slow, auto tune rubbish. It's elevator music.
I don't know where you are from friend, but by virtue of your avatar I am going to assume you are German.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Love the soundtrack... Its not gonna be for everyone and they even future artists from different countries too. Playing the 2kU before the game installed, I heard my boy Skepta "Shutdown" I damn near jumped for joy! Garage/British Hip Hop finally getting showed love!

I used to work with a couple record labels plus with some people that were part of the NBA 2k9 soundtrack so I understand a lil bit/bias on it.

This years is solid in my opinion, but I will say Santigold record needs to be out. Tired of hearing it haha.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

Muted every song except Rosa Parks. Also, wish they would add some rock or something non pop or hip hop.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #24
Banned

It's better than 16. The pop songs are actually catchy imo and I hate pop. Plus there is rock songs in the game. But yeah it's a 8/10 soundtrack imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »