Home

CPU Pick & Roll D Discussion

This is a discussion on CPU Pick & Roll D Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Pick & Roll D Discussion

Thought we could get a dialogue going on in regards to the good and bad aspects of the AI on Pick and Roll D.

Good: Just in the first few minutes of a game, I see a lot of adjustments by the CPU D when I run Pick and Roll. Sometimes there's no rotation with the Big sagging back, sometimes there's pre-rotation from the wing, sometimes the Big stays with the Roll man up top and a wing helps once the ball handler gets closer to the basket, and sometimes they straight up switch the action with the CPU guard trying to defend the big roll man.

Bad: None of these AI adjustments are particularly effective at containing my pick and roll. I'm not amazing, but I am able to score pretty easily on Hall of Fame with default sliders just running a 4 out 1 in P&R repeatedly, with a variety of teams. If the big sets a clean screen, the guard always gets freed from his defender, and no matter what adjustment the AI makes, the help defender and/or CPU Big does a poor job contesting or containing the action.

What's everyone else seeing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU Pick & Roll D Discussion

Good thread.

Ive seen similar strategies, although Ive been scrimmaging against Euro teams and the Nets for days to get the controls down. Ive seen the CPU blitz the ball handler aswell which forces you into making good decisions.

Hopefully plenty of teams have their bigs drop back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »