Home

Steal Spam Video

This is a discussion on Steal Spam Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Steal Spam Video

I do feel like steals are a little over the top this year, but you should be able to get them if you expose the ball to the defense. Problem is the people doing the swiping should usually be above average defenders, and the players losing the ball should be below average ball-handlers. You can't have Chris Paul getting stripped 4 or 5 times a game by J.R smith as he brings it up the court.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #18
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
What a minute did you just show in that last clip? Was a double team pass that to another pass to a big men with bad hands. Those passes weren't able to be made in 2k16. And they definitely shouldn't be made in this years game was well.

I wish I had post the clip of the user fouling out And all of his steal attempts with Curry.
Trying to make sure I understand what you're asking...I rarely double. In the HOU game I jump on Harden's outside shoulder (Harden's left) and spammed steal. I knew Henderson had him right. And surprise: He was trapped into an animation and I didn't get called for a foul. He ends up throwing a pass falling backwards (after the animation is over) to Ariza but then Ariza makes a bad pass out of bounds.

He might have kept hitting pass (thats what you do when animations lock you in and the game doesn't respond) and the game detected multiple inputs and passed as soon as it got to Ariza, not sure really...

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-20-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #19
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Trying to make sure I understand what you're asking...I rarely double. In the HOU game I jump on Harden's outside shoulder and spammed steal I knew Henderson had him right. And surprise: He was trapped into an animation and I didn't get called for a foul. He ends up throwing a pass falling backwards after the animation to Ariza but then Ariza makes a bad pass out of bounds.

He might have kept hitting pass (thats what you do when animations lock you in and the game doesn't respond) and the game detected multiple inputs and passed as soon as it got to Ariza, not sure really...
nah, he def went up for a jumper with ariza, then tried to pass out of it.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:23 PM   #20
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Funniest part? I said the same thing last year early after seeing too many chase-down blocks (and blocks overall) and shocker: the same people were all "just play better...chase-down blocks happen in real life." and "you just need to layup correctly" or "just dont get blocked"

Sigh.

I would go find the threads but i'm not petty. It's about the ratio and the amount of outcomes/chances something happens....also the player's skillset. Kyle Korver and Jose Calderon turned into Tayshaun because of poor balance. Chase-downs had a horrible ratio in 2K16 and lack of risk/reward re: steal spam has a bad ratio THIS YEAR.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

You guys think stealing is good..... Go play My Park and maybe you'll change your mind lol

I actually liked last years toned down steal. No way should I be averaging 7 steals a game. It's to high at the moment but as noted if you enjoy it then enjoy it for a while it's going to change after patch 1, patch 2, patch 3, and patch 4 same thing year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #22
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

Couple dumb steals in your video. 7ft Chriss shouldn't be able to rip it from a 6'1 veteran guard. Maybe a guy like Noel should be able to, but that's an issue.

Getting stripped by the worst possible players is bad. I almost wouldn't mind the excessive steals if they came from players from good steal ratings

I won't die on this hill since people love steals for whatever reason and I don't really care at this point, but it's dumb sometimes. Defense is bad with or without this gimmick
Old 09-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #23
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
Couple dumb steals in your video. 7ft Chriss shouldn't be able to rip it from a 6'1 veteran guard. Maybe a guy like Noel should be able to, but that's an issue.

Getting stripped by the worst possible players is bad. I almost wouldn't mind the excessive steals if they came from players from good steal ratings

I won't die on this hill since people love steals for whatever reason and I don't really care at this point, but it's dumb sometimes. Defense is bad with or without this gimmick
Naw me either....done with it. I just love the "get good" posts tho...lol. good stuff.

And timing our attempts correctly and being rewarded for doing stuff with the right people is part of the risk/reward IMO (in addition to a hard-coded ratio similar to what 2K does with FG percentages) But that's probably us being silly. Just never thought it was a good idea to throw lobs to Tyler Ulis or spam steal with Shaq, crazy right?

Funny thing is I love the fact that we can steal the ball in more instances now (I keep pointing to end of game when people are holding the ball) but balance is important.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

You really can't complain when you're doing your best to avoid actually having to play defense. At least he's playing on the ball defense and should be rewarded, you on the otherhand were switching off of whoever got the ball like they had the plague. You didn't even want to guard Tyson Chandler 26 feet from the hoop, no room to whine about steals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »