Home

Steal Spam Video

This is a discussion on Steal Spam Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #33
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Steal Spam Video

Even if you do protect the ball it can still be stolen and or you get put into animations from the spamming.

There should be more calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Yeah I changed my PS4 settings to 30 min for recording yesterday...I can get the first half of games now. My issue wasn't so much with the steals but really all the other times he reached with no call. 3 steals isn't a whole hell of alot, really.

No complaint re: either one of the inbounds honestly....one as you said is me being careless, the second (where he jumps and tips the inbound) is the kind of organic gameplay with multiple outcomes I love.

The third? Timestamp that for me...keep in mind i'm only talking about the on-ball ones. I'm a strong advocate for steals in the passing lanes. Not having them gave us inbounding to the other side of the court last year. I loved the one at the end of the game, and that play is sooo Bledsoe. I was just ready to go, though. You'll notice I didn't even go to the defensive menu after the last timeout....I kinda checked out mentally because the game was so sloppy and the kind of experience I hate.

LDD? help me out....

Gotcha, the third one was at 13:04 with Okafor and Bledsoe. Those are the toughest to judge since being a big man a lot of the time, I know how that is where typically you're pressing the button or stick to go up long before that but get caught up in the animation. That's why I say with 2K16, you almost have to be careful doing that with any defenders in front of someone cutting to the basket.

I know how it can feel though. There are times where you'll do something in game and get called for a crazy amount of fouls but then you'll see someone else do the same thing or even more physically and somehow they don't get called for fouls and it's like "Really?"

LDD is Lockdown Defender archetype. Can't remember if he was maxed out or not but a majority of people on the Park are virtually 80-86's already so I'm guessing his steals were at least adequate enough. He would foul after every rebound trying to poke the ball loose or during drives, it was rather ridiculous. I feel like I've seen that happen a lot during my time in the Park (which isn't nearly as much as most players since I've been trying to work on upgrading my player first). Yet still after two fouls or so, they'll still keep trying it like something is going to change.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
You really can't complain when you're doing your best to avoid actually having to play defense. At least he's playing on the ball defense and should be rewarded, you on the otherhand were switching off of whoever got the ball like they had the plague. You didn't even want to guard Tyson Chandler 26 feet from the hoop, no room to whine about steals.

Lol yeah, I was laughing seeing the guy constantly switching players 0.1 seconds after the opponent got the ball. Don't know how anybody could enjoy playing like that. OP should play coach mode and let the cpu also play offense for him...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #36
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Even if you do protect the ball it can still be stolen and or you get put into animations from the spamming.

There should be more calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep agreed. I think the effectiveness of the reach is fine but there ain't enough calls especially when you're protecting the ball. The guy can still spam and sometimes trigger a steal animation. There needs to be a little more fouls called.

I imagine in PNO it has to be annoying because it's only 6minutes but you're still allowed 6 fouls per players.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Gotcha Chase (who knew you were a Nokafor, btw) *sideye*

One more time for the guy in the back not paying attention. I track the best shooter (and Booker is really good one btw) A few times I get caught helping middle because Bledsoe was hurting us 1st half (and in the 4th incidentally) and give up a three. Ask yourself: Do I switch off when he gives the ball to the SG? Lastly, do I do a good job containing him when he tries to score? All questions you should ask yourself before you apply your silly lil' rules to another 2K player.

So can I make up rules too? Hey...is the lob only OK if I throw it AND catch it? What about people who play with CLE/GS...do their teams ratings help them "too much" or nah? Help me out, you're making so much sense right now...
If you played someone better you'd be complaining about how they cut pass spammed you to death ontop of all the steals.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #38
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
I know how it can feel though. There are times where you'll do something in game and get called for a crazy amount of fouls but then you'll see someone else do the same thing or even more physically and somehow they don't get called for fouls and it's like "Really?"
I lol'd at this sooo hard. Nah man maybe back in the day but I actually loved how 2K16 captured the talent disparity between teams. It was simultaneously the most challenging, frustrating and rewarding gaming experience I ever had. I was probably 80-120 online, with like 30 games being one possession losses. There have to be mechanics to make bad teams bad so I got used to not getting 50-50 plays and having "eyeroll" moments (bail-out fouls, silly turnovers)..winning with bad teams should be an uphill climb where you have to overcome adversity...and 2K does a good job of channeling that into a gameplay mechanic.

I abhor the Madden make-every-team-atleast-solid-so-all-the-players-have-fun-mentality...screw that. Give me accuracy....if my team is bad? so what. I'll makei it work with the things they do well.

Oh ok...the Park, gotcha. More into NBA head-to-head, honestly.

The Bledsoe play is fine in a vacuum, he's a ball-hawking guard. My issue is the other guys who aren't and don't get whistled. A proper ratio has him either stop behaving that way or get us in the bonus early...feel me?
Old 09-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Kushmir, can you point me into directly what your looking at?
Old 09-20-2016, 04:50 PM   #40
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

All those steals looked legit to me. Good game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »