Home

Too Many Injuries in MyGM

This is a discussion on Too Many Injuries in MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Too Many Injuries in MyGM

Bump as more threads are being made about it!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #34
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

During MyGM you can adjust the durability slider for cpu and user. That would effect in game injuries. So what the heck are these complaints about.

Simulated injuries are on point. If you don't have a team full of low durability players playing 38mpg you won't have a problem. Or you might have a problem but that's why you make a deep roster and adjustments.

Superstars are generally the least durable. Even LeBron had injury issues last year in Cleveland. Kyrie and Kevin Love missed the entire NBA championships 2 seasons ago for the Cavs.

I don't know what the heck ya'll are talking about. Do ya'll really not watch basketball?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
During MyGM you can adjust the durability slider for cpu and user. That would effect in game injuries. So what the heck are these complaints about.

Simulated injuries are on point. If you don't have a team full of low durability players playing 38mpg you won't have a problem. Or you might have a problem but that's why you make a deep roster and adjustments.

Superstars are generally the least durable. Even LeBron had injury issues last year in Cleveland. Kyrie and Kevin Love missed the entire NBA championships 2 seasons ago for the Cavs.

I don't know what the heck ya'll are talking about. Do ya'll really not watch basketball?
I'm pretty sure i've seen some posts where people have turned injuries down to zero of off and there are still injuries in their games..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #36
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

I don't think many do. I even listed a site that has all of the current NBA injuries and there are plenty of superstars on the list. I actually love that 2K has it on par. User team injuries without simming has been a 2K plague for years. Glad its finally working.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #37
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I don't think many do. I even listed a site that has all of the current NBA injuries and there are plenty of superstars on the list. I actually love that 2K has it on par. User team injuries without simming has been a 2K plague for years. Glad its finally working.
This still doesn't explain the game I had where 4 players got injured. I'm just saying
Old 09-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #38
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
This still doesn't explain the game I had where 4 players got injured. I'm just saying
Just saying 4 players got injured in a game doesn't help further the conversation. I've played 4 games and haven't encountered any in game injuries thus far. That wouldn't lead me to post that there aren't enough injuries.

Before saying "it's broken" think about things from a basketball perspective and see if you playing a different style would change things.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #39
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I get your point, and I've always wanted to have in-game injuries for the sake of realism, but for 3 guys to all have broken ankles in the 2nd quarter after landing from wide open jumpshots? Don't you think that it's ridiculous?
Old 09-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #40
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwntrl
I get your point, and I've always wanted to have in-game injuries for the sake of realism, but for 3 guys to all have broken ankles in the 2nd quarter after landing from wide open jumpshots? Don't you think that it's ridiculous?

Yes, that as well as the 4 players getting hurt in the same game is a bit excessive. I've played a total of 10 MyGM games, about 5 Play Now games and me and my bro have played about 6 playoff games.

3 different modes.

In MyGM, I've had at the most 2 players get hurt in the same game for the same team. 1 stayed in, the other had to carried off by teammates. Twisted ankle, out for 1-2 weeks. I haven't seen any more in-game injuries after that. The rest of the league has a bunch of injuries and so far one player out for the season.

In Play Now, I've hurt Anthony Davis but he stayed in the game and I've taken out Blake Griffin for the entire game.

In the Playoffs, so far in the first game, CP3 went out for the season.

This is all the in-game injuries I've seen thus far. Simmed games seems about right. I see a few of you guys have multiple guys go out in the same game. I haven't seen it yet but if it does happen, depending on the severity I wont be mad. The the NBA as well as all sports have been seeing an increase in injuries. They don't build athletes like the old days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »