Home

Zig Zag cheese back?

This is a discussion on Zig Zag cheese back? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #9
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Zig Zag cheese back?

Simple solution is to have those shots only be viable when he's on fire. Curry doesn't start games taking those fadeaway 3's from waay out like he's able to online. Tbh, his real life cheapness is the fact that he can make all those semi contested 3's where your hand was there during the rise of the shot but not close enough to block him (a regular contest to everybody else). He isn't running down and splashing half court 3's irl
Old 09-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks guys... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Simple solution is to have those shots only be viable when he's on fire. Curry doesn't start games taking those fadeaway 3's from waay out like he's able to online. Tbh, his real life cheapness is the fact that he can make all those semi contested 3's where your hand was there during the rise of the shot but not close enough to block him (a regular contest to everybody else). He isn't running down and splashing half court 3's irl
That's my biggest problem with Curry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
All I see is bad defense.

But also guys. I have clips of his misses. I think my problem really is that he was able to get open by just going side to side with no dribble moves. I know it looks like bad defense. But there was nothing I could do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

But also guys. I have clips of his misses. I think my problem really is that he was able to get open by just going side to side with no dribble moves. I know it looks like bad defense. But there was nothing I could do.

Not that i'm in any position to teach anything to you yet do you really not think that there was nothing to do? I think this years defense are based on your left stick more than a lot before any 2k so if you would have just bumped him some and then guess where he's going more and guess his movements and then you should be more than fine but again not that i'm any position to teach you anything just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #13
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Maybe you have a better example but nothing in those video constituted Zig Zaq Cheese, the user did a behind the back and you over played it he then moved to the opposite direction and hit an open uncontested shot, and with how quickly you lose stamina while dribbling I don't see it being issue this year. On another note you have to body Curry as soon as he crosses half court, his range is too insane.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I didn't believe it until last night the zig zag is back and hard core.

https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/778433352990720001

https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/778433667009961984

https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/778433983084371969

What I didn't post were all the other baskets. It's really bad smh.
I didn't see any zig zag except sort of in the first clip, and the only thing wrong with that one was that it was a leaning moving three, but he had a ton of daylight.

The other two shots were shots Curry is easily capable of making regularly. That's why defenses sell out to not give him any space-- and you gave him a ton of space. My only issue with those two plays was that it was launched just slightly too quickly and resulted in a semi-moving animation. For realism the player should have had to wait just a fraction of as second longer to settle Curry feet if that shot would fall at a high percentage.

What was Curry's 3 point percentage for the game?

Last edited by Sundown; 09-21-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Not that i'm in any position to teach anything to you yet do you really not think that there was nothing to do? I think this years defense are based on your left stick more than a lot before any 2k so if you would have just bumped him some and then guess where he's going more and guess his movements and then you should be more than fine but again not that i'm any position to teach you anything just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Maybe you have a better example but nothing in those video constituted Zig Zaq Cheese, the user did a behind the back and you over played it he then moved to the opposite direction and hit an open uncontested shot, and with how quickly you lose stamina while dribbling I don't see it being issue this year. On another note you have to body Curry as soon as he crosses half court, his range is too insane.
I'm always open to opinion. That's why I started this thread lol. I'll try to upload a clip. But it was weird... he just went back and forth and then he was open.

But I agree with you guys. Let me see if I can upload his other misses to show you what I meant by the back and forth.

And yes he was tired by the fourth with Gatorade bar and all. So no worries there. I loved it. Even I've had to abjust my rotations and usages of players.

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-21-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I didn't see any zig zag except sort of in the first clip, and the only thing wrong with that one was that it was a leaning moving three, but he had a ton of daylight.

The other two shots were shots Curry is easily capable of making regularly. That's why defenses sell out to not give him any space-- and you gave him a ton of space. My only issue with those two plays was that it was launched just slightly too quickly and resulted in a semi-moving animation. For realism the player should have had to wait just a fraction of as second longer to settle Curry feet if that shot would fall at a high percentage.

What was Curry's 3 point percentage for the game?
I can't remember. He might have been 10/21. 12 of 25 overall for 35 points. He played 5 out. And it was just over and over.

I hope everyone understand. I'm not complaining. I'm just asking for advice and if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »