Home

nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty

This is a discussion on nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #9
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty

Hmm...interesting. I find it easier on 17 than 16. On 16 I played on Pro Sim and barely won. On 17 I'm playing on Superstar and I win some and lose some.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #10
Banned

HOF is more realistic, balanced, and fun than even online this year in my opinion.

When I can gameplan around a top team on HOF and win, but a person can turbo to the hoop every time, even with Gatorade 'tired symbol', or zag back and forth and still able to be successful online...shows how arcade online still is. Beating and losing to those people mean nothing to me this year, feesl real good beating AI on HOF though. Hasn't been that way for me in a long time.

Glad so much emphasis on difficulty, strategy, and MyLeague customization, because online looks like the same old mess with no defense and everyone using same teams and archetype.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The game is "harder" this year but in a good way. You have to think, use strategy, play matchups. I am playing on Superstar default and when I lose I don't feel cheated in the slightest.

Game is excellent this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #12
Banned

I usually don't play hall of fame unless it's mhcareer for vc, but damn Mike really did justice to ball of fame this year. Cpu will make some tough shots once in awhile, but if you lock them down then they will actually consistently miss. And scoring is hard at first, but when you change your strategy it's easier. I thought I was missing too many 3s at first, but that was because I relied on jt. It's balanced now, which means you have to drive, and shoot 3s at the same cljp. Love the game this year, despite the glitches.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #13
Rookie

My best game vs CPU was in ss lost by 3 pts cameback twice from 15pts it was nice. I really enjoy offline this yr more than ever.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really appreciate the depth you can go to in this game and the challenge it presents if you want it. That being said, I feel like the series has gone too far in the sim/hardcore direction, and I do wish that it was more approachable/arcade for those that either don't have the time to practice every move or those just starting with it. Madden isn't perfect by any means, and I AM NOT saying it is better than 2k, but I do feel like you can play it a little looser/arcade, but also find more challenge if you want it. It also presents a really good learning tool in skills trainer. Something along those lines. I'm someone that has played this series since the beginning and it is definitely getting too difficult.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #15
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

On ball defense is much harder for sure...
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #16
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef407
I really appreciate the depth you can go to in this game and the challenge it presents if you want it. That being said, I feel like the series has gone too far in the sim/hardcore direction, and I do wish that it was more approachable/arcade for those that either don't have the time to practice every move or those just starting with it. Madden isn't perfect by any means, and I AM NOT saying it is better than 2k, but I do feel like you can play it a little looser/arcade, but also find more challenge if you want it. It also presents a really good learning tool in skills trainer. Something along those lines. I'm someone that has played this series since the beginning and it is definitely getting too difficult.
Disclaimer: I am actually a very, very, very casual gamer but I want to see 2k continue to push the simulation hardcore envelope.

This is the only current viable basketball game that replicates the NBA. There are enough accessible and arcade basketball games if we simply flip through the history books. Sure those titles are no longer in production but lets give the simulation community their fix. We need a company to give the simulation crowd their fix especially if we have the technology to deliver. If 2k even remotely considers taming their game, I would rather see 2k put out a completely separate arcade NBA title using a completely different department. Let Mike Wang and his crew fully focus on simulation.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point of view tonedeaf407, but I hope 2k stays the course and push the simulation hardcore realism envelope even further every single year. Plus, isn't 2k's model predicated on getting closer to realistic simulation. The sales are through the roof and the best it has ever been because it's inching closer to simulation. MLB the Show took down 2k's baseball game because it's touted as the better simulated product (there's actually another baseball(s) game that's much better than the Show (my signature), but that's a story for another day and 2k baseball actually did plenty of things right). EA's Skate took down Tony Hawk because Skate was touted as the better simulated product.

2k basketball in general: I never practice dribble isolation moves, and I don't even use them. Still don't know how to use them effectively because I'm not built to play isolation ball but have managed to beat 2k17's CPU on hall of fame default sliders . My very first NBA2k installment was 2k10. Always played on Rookie/Pro and All-star being the highest level I've ever touched prior to 2k16. People complained about the difficulties present with 2k16 Hall of Fame and Superstar. I wanted to get a first hand experience on what the problems were. Was it difficult, obviously yes considering all that I played was offline Pro/Rookie/and maxing out at All-star. But I did manage to at least hang.

2k17: Me, a very, very, very casual gamer, not using isolation stick skills is finally beating the CPU on the hall of fame default sliders. It took me several weeks to months before taking down 2k16's CPU hall of fame, but I finally managed to get a leg up on 2k17 despite 2k17 being much harder in a very very good way.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »