Home

Fatigue overdone in Playnow?

This is a discussion on Fatigue overdone in Playnow? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #17
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Fatigue overdone in Playnow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
So we don't get a hit to performance till the Gatorade logo hits? Do we have a number on that?

Frankly like a lot of things in this game, it seems like they have a cool reason to change it, but have a hard time telling us exactly what they changed so we can adjust. I guess 99.9% of people probably don't care, but welcome to OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it always worked the way. Dont know the exact number as I've always let the cpu sub for me. For me, its nice to see all the players on the court tired in crunch time.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #18
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Its the same in all game modes

While it is more pronounced than in 16, The question is: is playing at 70 energy at the end of the game (compared to, say, 80 in 2k16) really an issue ? I also used to avoid going below 80 or so like the plague, but is it really that detrimental to play at 70 ? On a 0-100 scale that is still above 2/3 afterall .
I used to be the same way. Going under 80 was an extreme no-no for me.

But playing this year, I've knocked that down to about 70-75 and nothing seems to be any different.

I've never been able to get my guys back up to 100 during the course of a game this year though unless I just take them out for a really, really long time.

But I really monitor my subs/fatigue and never see the Gatorade logo either, so I might not be the person to talk about this.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-22-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #19
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Players don't recover fully IRL either. Players are never as fresh or rejuvenated they were before the game started. If you work at physical job like construction, do you feel the same after a 1 hour lunch like you do after a good night's sleep? These players are only in the locker room for 10 minutes (or is it 15, I forget).

The fatigue is fine.
the fatigue isnt fine and i will tell you why.

2k technically uses a fatigue scale of 0-100. but in reality, if your player's fatigue gets down into the 50's then he is basically useless. he is sluggish, his ratings go way down etc.

so the real scale we working with here is around 60-100, with anything below 60 being the danger zone.

so when i start the 3rd quarter with my starter's fatigue ratings in the low 70's, thats not really right. that means i only get a good 5 minutes out of them before i have to play my backups for 10 minutes straight so my starters can regain enough stamina to finish out the 4th quarter.

i play 11 minute quarters in my offline myleague and stamina/fatigue is way overdone. i always end up boosting the stamina up a couple notches in the sliders and lowering the fatigue a couple notches and it works out fine. but the default settings are not realistic at all.

and yes i do give my backups realistic minutes. this is all happening with my backups getting 15-24 minutes a game.

Last edited by tetoleetd; 09-22-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Leave it the way it is.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
the fatigue isnt fine and i will tell you why.

2k technically uses a fatigue scale of 0-100. but in reality, if your player's fatigue gets down into the 50's then he is basically useless. he is sluggish, his ratings go way down etc.

so the real scale we working with here is around 60-100, with anything below 60 being the danger zone.

so when i start the 3rd quarter with my starter's fatigue ratings in the low 70's, thats not really right. that means i only get a good 5 minutes out of them before i have to play my backups for 10 minutes straight so my starters can regain enough stamina to finish out the 4th quarter.

i play 11 minute quarters in my offline myleague and stamina/fatigue is way overdone. i always end up boosting the stamina up a couple notches in the sliders and lowering the fatigue a couple notches and it works out fine. but the default settings are not realistic at all.

and yes i do give my backups realistic minutes. this is all happening with my backups getting 15-24 minutes a game.

Since you play offline, I'd suggest you do what I've done and adjust the user sliders for Stamina and Fatigue rate.

Lower Fatigue rate to about 47 and raise Stamina to about 53 to start and see how you like it, then adjust from there.

I'm not exactly sure what I have mine set to at the moment as I was testing last night, but Paul George usually can last 30-32 minutes out of 40 on 10 min quarters and never get below 70-75 in stamina.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #22
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Since you play offline, I'd suggest you do what I've done and adjust the user sliders for Stamina and Fatigue rate.

Lower Fatigue rate to about 47 and raise Stamina to about 53 to start and see how you like it, then adjust from there.

I'm not exactly sure what I have mine set to at the moment as I was testing last night, but Paul George usually can last 30-32 minutes out of 40 on 10 min quarters and never get below 70-75 in stamina.
that is exactly what i do and it works well.

but we are talking about 2k's default settings here, and i dont think they are done properly.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #23
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I've only been playing play now to get a feel for new things in game. Default time Hof settings. What I've noticed is not right. In the 4th qtr when it's crunch time my star is always tired rendering them useless. That's not realistic. We've all saw games where the stars are exhausted but still aren't useless they jus push through. I think there needs to be less of a fatigue hit to the teams stars. Jus bc guys are tired doesn't mean now they lose their skills. I could see maybe they can't run as fast or something like that. But they shouldn't turn into your worst player jus bc they are tired
Old 09-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #24
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I like the stamina how it is. The only change i would suggest is to lessen the stamina drain if our team/player is playing at a slower, controlled pace.

If you turbo around you should pay for it. If you play smart, you should be rewarded stamina wise.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »