Home

Fatigue overdone in Playnow?

This is a discussion on Fatigue overdone in Playnow? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #33
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fatigue overdone in Playnow?

How do you see your player's stamina number? I can only see their color when I do substitutions.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #34
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
How do you see your player's stamina number? I can only see their color when I do substitutions.
by subbing through the start menu.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

I've played many games on All-Star 6 minute quarters with a Curry centric offense featuring a lot of isolation, and I've only seen the Gatorade icon on Curry like twice. I'm not sure if it's his badges or if some are you are over spamming moves and the sprint button but fatigue hasn't been an issue for me.

Granted I only play him 34 minutes like in reality so not sure if that affects things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #36
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It means we have to use a deeper line up and a greater variety of rotations, which is great IMO. NBA teams typically go 9 or 10 deep anyway, plus the threshold for attribute drops is lower than in previous years anyway.

Hope they don't change it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #37
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
So, you basically run your players into the ground in the first half, and you expect them to be fully rested for the second? The first thought that went through my mind was...what was their fatigue level when the 2nd quarter ended where they're starting the 3rd quarter in the 70's???

You do realize that even in real life it's easier to recover when you're a little tired versus being completely exhausted or spent?
i dont run my players into the ground.... i never said anything that even implies that i do...my backups play 15-24 minutes a game with 11 minute quarters... thats about 7 1/2 to 12 minutes a half for my backups. 15 minutes a game would be for the last couple players on my bench. 24 minutes would be for my 6th and 7th man. usually my 8th man gets 16-18. i actually use my bench a lot and i run pretty realistic rotations.

i take most of my starters out midway through the 1st quarter and i take my 1 or 2 best players out with 2 or 3 minutes left in the 1st. my starters dont come back in until midway through the 2nd quarter. i employ the same sub pattern in the 2nd half unless im down big and need to keep my better players in.

in real life, the best players on any given team can easily play 34-38 minutes on any given night. but if you try to do that in 2k, your player will just be fatigued to the point where he is useless. even getting my players 30 mpg on a nightly basis is hard to do on 2k. i usually end up with one player playing 30 minutes and the rest of my starters are in the high 20's.

Last edited by tetoleetd; 09-22-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #38
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I think the problem is we have two different crowds. There's the crowd that use the gatorade symbol as tired and the crowd that looks at the substitution menu in the start menu to know when players are really tired. A lot of us don't wait for the gatorade symbol to show. These guys are useless once there attributes start to take a big hit which is around 75 energy. That's why the ppl that use the gatorade symbol don't see a problem.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #39
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I think the problem is we have two different crowds. There's the crowd that use the gatorade symbol as tired and the crowd that looks at the substitution menu in the start menu to know when players are really tired. A lot of us don't wait for the gatorade symbol to show. These guys are useless once there attributes start to take a big hit which is around 75 energy. That's why the ppl that use the gatorade symbol don't see a problem.
exactly. thats why i said in my post that the real scale is about 60-100 rather than 0-100.

i dont wait until the gatorade cup shows up to take my players out. as a matter of a fact, ive never seen the gatorade cup show up in any of my myleague games at all.

i have a strict rotation pattern that i stick to that should keep my players fresh, but it really doesnt. and i use my timeouts accordingly as well.

this issue doesnt even effect me because as an offline player, i can adjust my sliders to fix it. but that doesnt change the fact that it IS an issue.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:38 PM   #40
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

This is the first time ever in a NBA 2K game I had to change my subs from auto/fatigue to auto/rotation because I can no longer play the entire game with my starters, and I like it! forces you to play with your bench and to use more strategy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »