Home

Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE READ.

This is a discussion on Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE READ. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE R

Why not just be smart enough to use your timeouts and subs effectively?
Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 PM   #18
Banned

Re: Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Forcing a walk randomly is not realistic at all. Jordan could have chosen to jog anytime he actually walked. He chose to walk to regain and conserve energy.

A much more realistic implementation would to allow the short term stamina bar for sprinting to fill up slowly or not at all when you're tired, and only fill up when you walk, thus giving a "reward" for walking.

In short, I think it should work this way:

Overall fatigue determines size of Short Term Stamina Bar.

Overall fatigue determines how quickly Short Term Stamina Bar recharges when jogging.

When a player is fresh, his Short Term Stamina Bar recharges like it does now (when not sprinting or doing special moves). The rate it recharges slows depending on the player's tiredness.

When a player is extremely tired, his Short Term Stamina Bar only recharges when his walking or standing.

At no time should there be a forced walk animation, unless maybe the player is cramped, or extremely fatigued AND held down turbo and sprinted for way too long.
I actually like this idea better.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:09 AM   #19
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

I think walking only is a bit heavy-handed, but I definitely like the spirit of this idea.

What about losing the ability to sprint/turbo in addition to the stats hit?

Would that be a decent compromise?

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2016 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Here is what people don't understand... How often do we see NBA level players tired and walking down the court?..... very very rarely. I like the current way 2k has it. their fatigue system last year was out dated.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here is what people don't understand... How often do we see NBA level players tired and walking down the court?..... very very rarely. I like the current way 2k has it. their fatigue system last year was out dated.
its weird someone woild even suggest this considering the biggest complaint of 2k16 was the lack of control ypu sometimes had duri g the game

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #22
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
its weird someone woild even suggest this considering the biggest complaint of 2k16 was the lack of control ypu sometimes had duri g the game

?.... lack of control?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
?.... lack of control?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Being trapped in animations

Old 09-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

I've got the idea to solve this issue is a Player Breather Meter.

Player Breather Meter for players that abuse the turbo button. Similar to how the gatorade icon pops up warning you of your fatigue level, this instead will have a meter warning you to take a breather. Just like in real life players will take plays off when their winded, the same result will take place in the game but as you become stationary and layoff the turbo your players breather meter will regenerate. Once you abuse the turbo again the meter will decrease leaving your player with signs of sluggishness.

As the meter depletes fully it leaves your player vulnerable on the offense affecting the players strength in the post position and boxing out. On defense a winded player will be more susceptible to fouling offensive player for example hand-checking fouls on defense and holding offensive cutter like players do in real life when they need a breather. As an off-ball player for both offense and defense your player will compensate by having moments of bending down hands on knees gasping for air. Please expand on this idea further

Last edited by Crunky; 09-24-2016 at 12:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »