Home

Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE READ.

This is a discussion on Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE READ. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE READ.

The gatorade icon should lead to an automatic walking animation not allowing the user or cpu to jog or run even if you(The User) press turbo.

This would add so much to the game...

(1)It would force Users who leave their players in all game to actually sub them out.
(2)It would force players to call timeouts. I rarely call timeouts, but this would force me to do it. And it wouldn't feel cheesy because if i choose not to call a timeout i would be forced to play the game at a way slower tempo. But I would still enjoy it because it would still feel real. It would force me to play a post up game. Everyone in real life that plays basketball knows that when you are tired, you can't drive or go on fast breaks until you recover, forcing you to change your style of play.

If the 2k game developers force the game to make you go into an automatic walk animation, once the gatorade symbol appears. The gatorade symbol will have a bigger purpose.

Like lets say I leave in a tired Stephon Curry but all the other players are full energy, this would still allow me to do fastbreaks.... because i could still dish it to the other "Fully Energized" players running down the court.

One other thing... if you are forced to walk the ball up the court when gatorade symbol shows up... once you walk up the ball up the court and decide to call a timeout, it would look just like what you see in real life, when players walk the ball up the court (Not Run/Sprint) to call a time out.

Last edited by Razeart2422; 09-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE R

This is a great idea
Old 09-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Nba 2k17 Tired'Gatorade Icon'should lead to Automatic Walking animation. PLEASE R

Hopefully the 2k devs can patch this in. Last year in nba 2k16 they were able to make it so that it was easier to do the walking animation by making the left stick more sensitive. If they add this in Nba 2k17 this year. It would force the user to walk the ball up more often too.

Please patch this 2k. It would add so much to the game. And for the players who don't want this type of realism in their game they can turn stamina/fatigue off.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
Banned

But it knocks your stats and you end up losing the ball/missing shots already. That's enough of a sign surely?
Old 09-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

I say just decrease their chances of making a shot, or holding onto the ball, along with making them run a lot slower. Having them just walk is a little bit of a stretch IMO but I like the idea. It would definitely force people to take them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I think not allowing the player to even jog is a little bit of overkill. They aren't going to be nearly as explosive as their fresh and rested counterparts, and their stats take a hit, which makes them less effective. I think that's probably enough of a deterrent. If the other player still doesn't call timeouts or sub, you should have the advantage (if you've been resting your guys).

Now, I wouldn't mind seeing something where if you continue to push a guy who is already showing the Gatorade icon, you run the risk of him cramping. Then at that point, maybe you do eliminate running entirely and all he can do is walk and jog (or hobble if they wanted to add in the animation). That might be a way to further encourage players to sub because, while it may not happen frequently, if a player does starts cramping they're basically done for the rest of the game.

Last edited by Pokes404; 09-22-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

This cannot happen until AFTER they fix the Stamina issue in MyCareer. I already start the 4th quarter almost gassed. If I am physically incapable of running due to being tired because I cannot raise stamina due to a bug, controllers will start flying.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I think not allowing the player to even jog is a little bit of overkill. They aren't going to be nearly as explosive as their fresh and rested counterparts, and their stats take a hit, which makes them less effective. I think that's probably enough of a deterrent. If the other player still doesn't call timeouts or sub, you should have the advantage (if you've been resting your guys).

Now, I wouldn't mind seeing something where if you continue to push a guy who is already showing the Gatorade icon, you run the risk of him cramping. Then at that point, maybe you do eliminate running entirely and all he can do is walk and jog (or hobble if they wanted to add in the animation). That might be a way to further encourage players to sub because, while it may not happen frequently, if a player does starts cramping they're basically done for the rest of the game.
I understand what you mean. You should only be forced to walk on offense. Like when you are in bounding the ball after the opposing team scores a basket. And have the option to jog when pressing turbo, but not run, when you reach the other side of the court. When on defense you should be able to walk and jog at all times when Gatorade Icon shows up.

I am a runner and when ever might calf muscles start hurting after a long run my body forces me to walk and after a short walk after i rest a bit then i am able to walk again. Lol That is how it should be in the game. Nba 2k is simulating real life, so they should make it more like what we see in real life.

Last edited by Razeart2422; 09-22-2016 at 03:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »