Home

My Player Slasher Build Type Needs A Fix

This is a discussion on My Player Slasher Build Type Needs A Fix within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Player Slasher Build Type Needs A Fix

I am having no problems with my 6'4" slasher PG. I haven't played in Mypark or Pro-AM. I've actually never played those modes before so this is just strictly Mycareer against the CPU.... I have played really well so far. I play 10 minute quarters on Superstar difficulty. My guy shoots of the dribble consistently, hell I've even made a couple threes. One of them gave a one point lead with 10 seconds left in a game lol. I have found that running pick and roll plays works the best for me. I don't ever have a problem finishing lay ups against one defender bumping me. Now when I try against two or three I don't have any success. My last two games I've scored 32 and 26. I'm not starting yet so I don't get a lot of minutes. Since I don't get the minutes I try to score the majority of the time. Once I start I'll get my teammates involved more. I have enjoyed it very much.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #10
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwiddie05
I am having no problems with my 6'4" slasher PG. I haven't played in Mypark or Pro-AM. I've actually never played those modes before so this is just strictly Mycareer against the CPU.... I have played really well so far. I play 10 minute quarters on Superstar difficulty. My guy shoots of the dribble consistently, hell I've even made a couple threes. One of them gave a one point lead with 10 seconds left in a game lol. I have found that running pick and roll plays works the best for me. I don't ever have a problem finishing lay ups against one defender bumping me. Now when I try against two or three I don't have any success. My last two games I've scored 32 and 26. I'm not starting yet so I don't get a lot of minutes. Since I don't get the minutes I try to score the majority of the time. Once I start I'll get my teammates involved more. I have enjoyed it very much.

Scoring with jump shots is not a problem. I can also drain 3s with no issues and my mid range game is good. The issue is height and ball handling attributes. I made a taller SF slasher 6'10 and 2k decided if you max your height then you are going to get penalized real heavy for doing so. With 6'10 you absolutely have no dribbling ability. You can run up and down the court like a speedy Gonzales but as soon as the ball is in your hands its like running in 4 feet of mud.

I sound like a broken record already but the ball handling for a slasher even at max height of 6'10 is terrible. Heck Blake Griffen a PF at 6'10 can dribble circles around slow defenders and centers so why did 2k decide to kill you for maxing height I have no idea. I lost count how many lane steals I had with fast break to the hoop and the CPU with a center (not a pg or a sg but yes a center) caught up to me and bumped me.

It's funny last year I made few threads asking for 2k17 speed issues to be fixed. Guess no one paid attention and thinks this is normal behavior.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
Scoring with jump shots is not a problem. I can also drain 3s with no issues and my mid range game is good. The issue is height and ball handling attributes. I made a taller SF slasher 6'10 and 2k decided if you max your height then you are going to get penalized real heavy for doing so. With 6'10 you absolutely have no dribbling ability. You can run up and down the court like a speedy Gonzales but as soon as the ball is in your hands its like running in 4 feet of mud.

I sound like a broken record already but the ball handling for a slasher even at max height of 6'10 is terrible. Heck Blake Griffen a PF at 6'10 can dribble circles around slow defenders and centers so why did 2k decide to kill you for maxing height I have no idea. I lost count how many lane steals I had with fast break to the hoop and the CPU with a center (not a pg or a sg but yes a center) caught up to me and bumped me.

It's funny last year I made few threads asking for 2k17 speed issues to be fixed. Guess no one paid attention and thinks this is normal behavior.
Hopefully they patch that for a taller player. As a point guard I'm really not too penalized. I think this is good way to do the my players but it needs some work. Just think if you were any other archetype other than point forward your ball handling would be even worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »