Home

Devs please let us be the MyPlayers WE want to be

This is a discussion on Devs please let us be the MyPlayers WE want to be within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 02:41 AM   #33
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Devs please let us be the MyPlayers WE want to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
You should be making a battlefield comparison, sir. Battlefield has bullet drop, wind, etc. It's a "Realistic" based shooter.

2k is a SIMULATION Basketball game. That's what they market it as, so the video game line people keep dropping is kind of flawed. If they advertised "Basketball" it'd be an okay place to start your arguments, but the fact that they market it as an attempt at a "Realistic Sim Basketball experience", kills that video game talk.

You wanting to be good at everything is fine, but it kills balance issues, dilutes gameplay, and stagnates creativity on here. Look at last year: 6'7 outside point. Everyone ran that by the end of it. There was no reason not to for people that only care about wins. No variety, no depth. This year so far I see a ton of playmakers that will be useless ones defenses are developed to deal with the speed. There is no "God" build. Playmaker is close, but it's inconsistent. Especially when ran like 2k16, they get so many dribble penalties they chuck up airballs.

I get that this isn't your cup of tea, but that's why they suggested player lock on a CAP in myleague. You don't even have to grind for stuff. Or...did you want a "God" player for online? Because that's why the Caps for stats and archetypes exist, to balance that out.
That is what you don't get. A good many of us don't give a crap about online. We could play MyLeague but we want to create our player and have a story line. Most of the online people don't want to and complain as much as we do about why they have to play the story and why they can't just skip games and still get VC and such. Obviously the best thing for both groups would be for online and offline to be separate.

I for one have committed to not buying VC even if I hit the lottery on principal because I don't like being nerfed for the benefit of online players.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:35 AM   #34
Rookie

I want to be able to do many things that happened in the NBA and many things that will happen in the NBA eventually, via MyCareer. I don't want to be limited by such things.

Will we ever see a Lebron+Curry type player, with freak athleticism, good handles and deadly shot from range? We already have KD who's close but not quite there yet, eventually we'll see one or two popping up. Someone who played an outside guard all his primary/secondary school life due to height, but suddenly got a growth spurt and became 7ft, still having deadly handles and limitless range. That's not impossible, but rather an eventuality. I want to be able to explore that possibility.

Or how about a Shaq+Olajuwon type? Extreme strength and physicality, but also great footwork and quickness and skill.

Or even just to play out a star's career whose real career got cut short, like Yao Ming.

Let us customize and fantasize, it doesn't hurt.

And they can remove Pro-Am and Park for all I care, since I play on PC and it's hackers-galore anyway. Just let me indulge in my fantasies, lol.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:59 AM   #35
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

If you want extra depth, their should be strength and weakness like take some extra points from one thing to put towards another, however there should be a minimum "bucket" or cap so people cannot be the demigods like 2k15/16.

I hope that with updates, it will balance out the contested shots, which are near impossible to stop unless you are playing as a LDD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 05:28 AM   #36
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
That is what you don't get. A good many of us don't give a crap about online. We could play MyLeague but we want to create our player and have a story line. Most of the online people don't want to and complain as much as we do about why they have to play the story and why they can't just skip games and still get VC and such. Obviously the best thing for both groups would be for online and offline to be separate.

I for one have committed to not buying VC even if I hit the lottery on principal because I don't like being nerfed for the benefit of online players.

The thing is....

...I do get it.there should at least be an offline/Sandbox career mode for you guys. I haven't disputed that once. But while they aren't seperated, I need you to understand, that it cannot be that way for balance sake.

I'm sorry that some cheeseballs online screwed around and got them to go the route they are. And I'm sorry for the few of you that dont go online, and have this issue. But for every one that has a legit gripe here, there's about 4 others elsewhere that will chime in on the CAPS to be able to "pubstomp".

Splitting online and offline, or atleast giving offline the option to do whatever is the best solution. The only thing I worry about is that it could open up another demigod style glitch, but I'm with you on all of us enjoying the mode the way we want. As a park player I just want that balance and diversity on my end. I'd love for you to get your stuff to make you happy on your end.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #37
Rookie

DeathstrokeXV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
If you want extra depth, their should be strength and weakness like take some extra points from one thing to put towards another, however there should be a minimum "bucket" or cap so people cannot be the demigods like 2k15/16.

I hope that with updates, it will balance out the contested shots, which are near impossible to stop unless you are playing as a LDD.
But if I want to be a demi-god then what's the problem? As long long as I enjoy it offline then what's wrong? The best option is to seperate the modes completely and let us have full reign offline and be capped online as everyone has suggested in this thread.

It would only mean more VC for 2K, seems like a win/win for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »