Home

Need help building Myplayer

This is a discussion on Need help building Myplayer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need help building Myplayer

I haven't played 2k since 2k14 and I'm not up to speed on how the caps and badges are implemented. I want to create a 6'3" PG with a high ability a finishing in the paint but also able to shoot better than average. Is this possible to do with this year's game? I initially created a slasher but it's impossible to score off of shooting and I'm seeing things about people creating shot creator PG's because the badges that you will receive for that archetype. I also want my pg to have at least 93 or 94 speed and tight handles. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 02:55 AM   #2
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Need help building Myplayer

you should build a 6'3 playmaker then
Old 09-23-2016, 05:05 AM   #3
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

Most people make Sharpshooter "Curry" or shot creator "Irving" style players as their badges make them offensive beasts, playmaker would be the most balanced archetype but would not be nearly as good as the sharpshooter at the 3 or the pull up like the shot creator.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
I haven't played 2k since 2k14 and I'm not up to speed on how the caps and badges are implemented. I want to create a 6'3" PG with a high ability a finishing in the paint but also able to shoot better than average. Is this possible to do with this year's game? I initially created a slasher but it's impossible to score off of shooting and I'm seeing things about people creating shot creator PG's because the badges that you will receive for that archetype. I also want my pg to have at least 93 or 94 speed and tight handles. Any help would be appreciated.
You can't be elite in two things this year which sucks but Playmaker is average in most categories. If you need that 94 speed with and without the ball that's the archetype to go with. I just don't really like the badges for that play style. You can still earn other badges you just can't upgrade them. I would go ahead and make him 6'4". Better for finishing at the rim.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwiddie05
You can't be elite in two things this year which sucks but Playmaker is average in most categories. If you need that 94 speed with and without the ball that's the archetype to go with. I just don't really like the badges for that play style. You can still earn other badges you just can't upgrade them. I would go ahead and make him 6'4". Better for finishing at the rim.
But isn't speed capped at 89 for shot creator pg's? And aren't they even slower without the ball? I want to be able to have solid lateraly quickness to stay with my man on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I would look at making a 6'3 SF Point Forward.

You'll be above average in shooting (but not great), above average at driving to the basket, and will excel at Speed/Ball Control/Passing.

The only problem you might have is in the Park and ProAm because you will be guarding bigger dudes.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I would look at making a 6'3 SF Point Forward.

You'll be above average in shooting (but not great), above average at driving to the basket, and will excel at Speed/Ball Control/Passing.

The only problem you might have is in the Park and ProAm because you will be guarding bigger dudes.
Yeah, I want to be able to build my guy for Pro Am and Park. Don't want to be getting bullied by bigger guys.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
But isn't speed capped at 89 for shot creator pg's? And aren't they even slower without the ball? I want to be able to have solid lateraly quickness to stay with my man on defense.
Well every archetype except lockdown denfender has the same defensive cap rating. Now size and weight might make a difference but not much. Shot creator is not very fast with the ball. And the speed without the ball doesn't max out for that build. Playmaker is the only one that gets max speed and acceleration and max playmaking skills. I wish they had one scoring badge. I made a slasher because of the badges. They have the second highest raid playmakers skills too but cant shot a catch and shoot shot at all. I love him so far. I always drive to the basket. But playmakers would be the best for being pretty good at everything.

Oh and the speed cap for shot creator is around the mid 80's and with the ball mid 70's. So you would have to be really creative with dribble moves to free you up for a shot.

Last edited by Dwiddie05; 09-23-2016 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Adding something

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »