Home

Shooting is broken

This is a discussion on Shooting is broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #9
Rookie

BKJ7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shooting is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
PLEASE don't start crying about shooting 😭😭😭😭 y'all gonna make them patch something that don't need to be patched
Who is crying? Are you for real? Lol. Shooting a wide open three and timing it good results in a very late release and a bad quality shot. Sounds like it qualifies for needing a patch to me...nobody said change jumpers, just feedback.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Shooting sliders were reduced for user and CPU on Superstar and HoF offline modes. This affects MyCAREER too. If you're talking online, nothing has changed.
Thanks for the response. There must be something wrong with the shot meter then. Got any info why it would say the release was very late even though its right on the line / or well i guess you'd have to say the shot meter perfectly filled
Old 09-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Shooting sliders were reduced for user and CPU on Superstar and HoF offline modes. This affects MyCAREER too. If you're talking online, nothing has changed.
Looks like it's really only affecting the user and the user's team. I'm not seeing much of a dropoff from the opposing AI's shot percentage, but the user's AI teammates have turned into brick layers. And it's crazy that I'm now getting Bs and Cs on open shots (3s and mids) with a Sharpshooter if it's not an excellent release.

Looks like I'm headed to lower difficulties in order to unlock Dimer. Oh well.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 09-23-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #12
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
PLEASE don't start crying about shooting 😭😭😭😭 y'all gonna make them patch something that don't need to be patched

I don't think it's the shooting we're complaining about, but it's the feedback that is messed up at times. We mean it's broken to where like sometimes you have to ignore the feedback because it is wrong.

I love the shooting itself tho. I just wish we could get accurate feedback.

The results of the shots are good. Just the feedback is bad at times.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Thanks for the response. There must be something wrong with the shot meter then. Got any info why it would say the release was very late even though its right on the line / or well i guess you'd have to say the shot meter perfectly filled
I think there is something wrong with the shot meter but probably more related to lag online. I struggled with the free throws concentrating on filling the meter to get a very late release and miss yet the meter was completely filled white. I have since been forcing myself to button release well before the meter gets filled and make way more. I even released 3/4 full and think that I really blew it to have it go in anyway. I think the meter moves so quickly and any delay will cause it to fill and start back but we don't realize it. It says very late because the game knows that but visually we never saw it. I don't generally have lag online so it just confuses me. I don't mind if it is hard but when my eyes seem to trick me I don't like it.

Perhaps a fix is to have the meter move slower but the release for green must be 98 to 100 % full. Good being 95 to 97% , early 85 to 94% .

If that's not possible, Why not have the meter tell us the % full? Then we know and can practice and adjust. 110% I held too long, 84% too early, etc. Now I am just confused.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:02 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Looks like it's really only affecting the user and the user's team. I'm not seeing much of a dropoff from the opposing AI's shot percentage, but the user's AI teammates have turned into brick layers. And it's crazy that I'm now getting Bs and Cs on open shots (3s and mids) with a Sharpshooter if it's not an excellent release.

Looks like I'm headed to lower difficulties in order to unlock Dimer. Oh well.
Agreed- Beluba. The CPU is still shooting an un-godly %. I just tried the Simworld beta sliders, and they lowered the shot sliders quite a bit, but the CPU is still shooting 60%-80% consitantly. (12 min quarters)
Old 09-23-2016, 11:10 AM   #15
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

This is why I hate "meters". You always end up in the meter mini game.

When in reality there are plenty of wide open 3's missed in the NBA where good form and excellent release timing are exhibited.

Not every shot goes in.

Not a knock on anyone but I turn that meter stuff off and look at what my shooting %'s are. Then adjust sliders accordingly. That way I don't get caught over analyzing a meter.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 11:21 AM   #16
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
This is why I hate "meters". You always end up in the meter mini game.

When in reality there are plenty of wide open 3's missed in the NBA where good form and excellent release timing are exhibited.

Not every shot goes in.

Not a knock on anyone but I turn that meter stuff off and look at what my shooting %'s are. Then adjust sliders accordingly. That way I don't get caught over analyzing a meter.

I play online most of the time and I turn the meter off too. I'm a huge basketball fan, so I like to appreciate the signature shot form of every player and get used to how they shoot instead of looking at the meter. I like to watch the player's jump shot rather than looking at his feet at the meter. It also makes it arcade-ish. So I have more success when I turn it off. It's more of a distraction for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »