Home

Shooting is broken

This is a discussion on Shooting is broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #41
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Shooting is broken

I played with the Lakers and literally couldn't make any jumpers. The only 3 I made was a freaking bank shot. Shooting has been weird today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 09-25-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #42
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Shooting is broken

Something is definitely going on with shooting. I keep getting "very late" releases when im releasing it early. This is messing me up.

Something is messed up right now and im glad it wasnt just me. This needs to be fixed.

EDIT: And this was in My Team online by the way
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 09-24-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:22 AM   #43
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

There is definately something going on with the shot meter online. The release points are not corresponding with the meter filling up. Online, the only effective means of shooting seems to be slight button presses for me. Beluba was onto something about the input lag online rendering the shot meter useless. The game is complete crap shoot online with regards to shooting, and Beluba saying we should go off of "feel" when shooting online is the dev essentially conceding that the meter is broken online. Hope this gets addressed, past 2ks have always had slight input lag online but nothing that drastically affected shooting like it has in this iteration.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 09-25-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:07 AM   #44
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
There is definately something going on with the shot meter online. The release points are corresponding with the meter filling up. Online, the only effective means of shooting seems to be slight button presses for me. Beluba was onto something about the input lag online rendering the shot meter useless. The game is complete crap shoot online with regards to shooting, and Beluba saying we should go off of "feel" when shooting online is the dev essentially conceding that the meter is broken online. Hope this gets addressed, past 2ks have always had slight input lag online but nothing that drastically affected shooting like it is in this iteration.
The thing is, i'm not even using the shot meter. I have it set to feedback only so i only see my shot grade and feedback.

I even turned the feedback off too and i still was getting very late releases when im releasing them way early.

Something is messed up bad. Mike can you please look into this as soon as you can.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 09-25-2016, 02:22 AM   #45
Rookie

markyshizzle's Arena

OVR: 0

shooting layups online is broken
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 02:43 AM   #46
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

I wish there was a way to not allow my game to get patched or updated under the hood. There are so many snap reactions in this forum and it seems "Broken" is everyone's new favorite word. I personally am not experiencing any problems with the shot meter or release points. As a matter of fact the quickness and responsiveness of jumpshots is the best it has ever been in 2K. The only issue I have is I feel there should be a way to calibrate your right stick to get more consistent results when pulling down on it.

I can understand little annoyances like your point guard being pushed away from his man on defense. I havent played online yet so maybe this thread is about an online only issue that I can't comment on. But my biggest fear is these multiple threads about this and that being broken is going to provoke an extreme reaction from the devs in the form of a patch. A patch that basically ruins this really good thing we have going.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2016, 04:07 AM   #47
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm shooting a bunch of air balls because I'm super late. Every release feels too quick. I've official topped looking atthat stupid shot meter. Even on free throws. I air ball. Because of that thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #48
Rookie

minwager's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
I wish there was a way to not allow my game to get patched or updated under the hood. There are so many snap reactions in this forum and it seems "Broken" is everyone's new favorite word. I personally am not experiencing any problems with the shot meter or release points. As a matter of fact the quickness and responsiveness of jumpshots is the best it has ever been in 2K. The only issue I have is I feel there should be a way to calibrate your right stick to get more consistent results when pulling down on it.

I can understand little annoyances like your point guard being pushed away from his man on defense. I havent played online yet so maybe this thread is about an online only issue that I can't comment on. But my biggest fear is these multiple threads about this and that being broken is going to provoke an extreme reaction from the devs in the form of a patch. A patch that basically ruins this really good thing we have going.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Dude no one is asking for shooting to be easier. Its just that something strange clearly happened to all my jumpshot releases in the past few days that wasnt an issue a week ago and it apparently correlates with the shot creator feature. Just asking for the devs to look into it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »