Home

Issues with Athletic Finisher Build

This is a discussion on Issues with Athletic Finisher Build within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 06:10 PM   #41
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Issues with Athletic Finisher Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceTheMan24
The slasher and athletic builds need to be redone
They just really need to tone up the contested layups. Otherwise I think it's OK. My SG with a boost has 82 SWB, 81 Mid, and when shoot off dribble is upped, about mid to low 80s in that.

I wouldnt mind being slightly faster, but I can still get to the rack, and still hit jumpers.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #42
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

OVR: 0

I have saved a bunch of clips I can put together for 2K showing how broken the contact dunks are with my athletic finisher. I have 23 out of 25 bars on my dunks, I have all contact dunk packages, and every time I go for one, I do the airball dunk animation. Even when going against PGs half my size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 08:50 PM   #43
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards87
I have saved a bunch of clips I can put together for 2K showing how broken the contact dunks are with my athletic finisher. I have 23 out of 25 bars on my dunks, I have all contact dunk packages, and every time I go for one, I do the airball dunk animation. Even when going against PGs half my size.

Airballs happens when you try to take off too close to the defense. My suggestion is to try taking off from 1.5 to 2 character lengths away. Use the right stick, pull back for "fancy" dunks.

If you get the Airballs it's always because you're trying to do a running dunk with a defender that's too close when you start the gather animation.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:22 PM   #44
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Airballs happens when you try to take off too close to the defense. My suggestion is to try taking off from 1.5 to 2 character lengths away. Use the right stick, pull back for "fancy" dunks.

If you get the Airballs it's always because you're trying to do a running dunk with a defender that's too close when you start the gather animation.

These photos contradict that theory. This is how it is every single time.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #45
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards87

These photos contradict that theory. This is how it is every single time.

Damn, he cut you off right as you went up. It's the same thing as the undercut layup. You're right, but it's the same situation. It's the D getting there and cutting you off at the last possible second.

I say this because I don't get this often, but I take off from about 10-12 feet being a perimeter player.

Sorry to see/hear this, boss man

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:44 PM   #46
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

People trying to make excuses for this?
The OP has a legit problem, and people respond like he is a noob that doesn't know what he is doing.

I have a 6'11" athletic finishing centre and the archetype is flat out BROKEN.

I have played a lot of park in the last couple of days....... Stretch bigs can swoosh fadeaway 3s in your face from halfway, glass cleaners take all the boards off you if they know how to play, etc etc... everyone seems strong at what they should be.

However, I am sick of my 88 OA athletic finishing centre with a hall of fame posterizer being swatted by 70 OA 6'4" sharpshooters..... especially when they are in a crap position to do so.

When he does posterize it's awesome, but it rarely ever happens..... too many times he goes into a weak layup animation.

Yeah, I have all the dunks equipped, I know how to play etc..... the archetype needs to be more powered for dunks, atm it's a pointless archetype.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #47
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Sharpshooter do miss open 3s and Playmaker do get easy passes turned over.

I guess we need more conclusive evidence that there is a case here but I do smell the smoke. Is it the majority of slasher and finisher characters that are not finishing up to bar as their ratings and archetype would suggest? Is it 5 - 50 people out of 500 with the same build? What are some thoughts on what the cause is?

One thing to add, it's not like Inside 7ft3 Centers couldn't get blocked in 16 by Guards - - these builds are not suddenly granted immunity from failure once they reach the highest bar in their Archetype.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 10:17 PM   #48
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Sharpshooter do miss open 3s and Playmaker do get easy passes turned over.

I guess we need more conclusive evidence that there is a case here but I do smell the smoke. Is it the majority of slasher and finisher characters that are not finishing up to bar as their ratings and archetype would suggest? Is it 5 - 50 people out of 500 with the same build? What are some thoughts on what the cause is?

One thing to add, it's not like Inside 7ft3 Centers couldn't get blocked in 16 by Guards - - these builds are not suddenly granted immunity from failure once they reach the highest bar in their Archetype.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Sup Hans,

Yeah I hear you bro, I don't expect to boom every single time, that's not realistic, but when I compile this video, I think the evidence will be convincing. I had the airball dunk animation like 6 times in a single game just now, and saved all the clips. I had 0 successful contact dunk attempts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »