Home

Issues with Athletic Finisher Build

This is a discussion on Issues with Athletic Finisher Build within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

OVR: 0
Issues with Athletic Finisher Build

Hi all,

So I'm having an issue with my athletic finisher PF, and wanted to see if anyone else is having this same problem. All in all, I'm enjoying the build, but I picked this build for one reason, and one reason only... to YAM on people.

However, I cannot for the life of me, despite turbo+Up on the stick, to trigger a contact dunk. He always goes for the weak layup. He simply refuses to boom.

I am a 91 currently.

Meanwhile, my 3pt shot is a 52 and somehow I'm wet as hell from 3 in MyCareer and the Park? Ok. That's cool, don't get me wrong, but WHERE ARE MY YAMS!?

I can't even get the Posterizer badge. I dunk all day in the career, but it's always Slam Dunk, even if there is contact. It's so annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
NBA 2K17 Online Producer

Re: Issues with Athletic Finisher Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards87
Hi all,

So I'm having an issue with my athletic finisher PF, and wanted to see if anyone else is having this same problem. All in all, I'm enjoying the build, but I picked this build for one reason, and one reason only... to YAM on people.

However, I cannot for the life of me, despite turbo+Up on the stick, to trigger a contact dunk. He always goes for the weak layup. He simply refuses to boom.

I am a 91 currently.

Meanwhile, my 3pt shot is a 52 and somehow I'm wet as hell from 3 in MyCareer and the Park? Ok. That's cool, don't get me wrong, but WHERE ARE MY YAMS!?

I can't even get the Posterizer badge. I dunk all day in the career, but it's always Slam Dunk, even if there is contact. It's so annoying.
did you equip dunks and or dunk packages?
Old 09-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinsh
did you equip dunks and or dunk packages?
Yes sir. I have all the PF player dunk packages (Kemp, Griffin, etc.) and I have several other packages. I bought all 4 contact dunk packages. By the way, contact dunk packages are glitched. When you go to set them, it doesn't matter if you set all 4 slots to different packages, when you save and go back in, you'll see all 4 slots have the same contact dunk package. it's weird.

My biggest concern is that I spent money ($50) of VC on this character specifically for the big dunk ability. I worry that all other play archetypes are able to do their specialties, but I won't. Glass cleaners get crazy boards, sharpshooters splash, playmakers cross folks up, but my build isn't doing my specialty.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
NBA 2K17 Online Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards87
Yes sir. I have all the PF player dunk packages (Kemp, Griffin, etc.) and I have several other packages. I bought all 4 contact dunk packages. By the way, contact dunk packages are glitched. When you go to set them, it doesn't matter if you set all 4 slots to different packages, when you save and go back in, you'll see all 4 slots have the same contact dunk package. it's weird.

My biggest concern is that I spent money ($50) of VC on this character specifically for the big dunk ability. I worry that all other play archetypes are able to do their specialties, but I won't. Glass cleaners get crazy boards, sharpshooters splash, playmakers cross folks up, but my build isn't doing my specialty.
A couple of things to check;

Is your layup/dunk tower maxed out (it doesnt have to be, but obviously the higher the better).

Did you equip contact dunks (separate from regular dunks). You dont have to, but these help.

What is the height/weight/wingspan of your dude?

Also, make sure you have stamina left for the dunk itself, being low on stamina when attempting will keep you from contact dunks.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Do you have the under the rim athletic finishes package?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinsh
A couple of things to check;[list][*]Is your layup/dunk tower maxed out (it doesnt have to be, but obviously the higher the better).[*]Did you equip contact dunks (separate from regular dunks). You dont have to, but these help.[*]What is the height/weight/wingspan of your dude?[*]Also, make sure you have stamina left for the dunk itself, being low on stamina when attempting will keep you from contact dunks.
First off, thank you so much for responding, this is great.

My Dunk/Layup tower is 23 out of 25 right now.
My contact dunks are all equipped, but due to the glitch where the same contact dunk package applies to all 4, I have just Contact Dunk package 3 equipped in all 4 slots.
I am 6'10" 275 lbs. PF and my wingspan is 1 click below the maximum wingspan.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on stamina, but I do that already and doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

The closest I have gotten is what I call the "air dunk" where I go up for contact, and the contested dunk makes me air ball my attempt.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Do you have the under the rim athletic finishes package?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Yes. I don't mean this disrespectfully or arrogantly, I just don't know how else to say it... I'm not a 2K casual. I played 2k16 MyPark all year last year and finished midway through Legend 2 MyPark rank.

Like, I know what my player SHOULD be doing, and I know how to get him to do it, he just.... won't do it lol.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm having problems finishing layups at all with the athletic finisher . I'm a big man and I'm seeing sharpshooter guards Finish better inside than me.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »