Home

Everythin Broke

This is a discussion on Everythin Broke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Everythin Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
You only play online but you're complaining about the AI and rubberbanding? Ok

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure one person doesn't control all 5 players... Maybe the Ai does? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #66
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Not to start a flame war, I play on the XB1. However, I haven't played the game on PS4, so I'm not going to give an opinion on the question as to gameplay performance.
It has nothing to do with a flame war. I really am just curious because the user WTF said he has played it on both and he's not seeing nearly as many issues on xbox.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone saying this game is great or isn't broke is either delusional or knows next to nothing about basketball. I'm glad you are having fun, but 2K royally screwed up with this game.

The defensive AI problems are inexcusable and undeniable. There are countless threads and videos all over this site and YouTube demonstrating the problems. It's broken. Beyond belief.

Add in the injury issues (also threads about this) and fatigue and recovery issues, and you have a totally unplayable franchise mode experience.

This game does so much right. It really does. And the game play is so smooth. But the problems are huge and I can't just pretend they don't exist. More power to you if you can... but I'm not OK with defenders getting shoved out of plays or literally just running away from their man to give them wide open shots.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #68
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
Anyone saying this game is great or isn't broke is either delusional or knows next to nothing about basketball. I'm glad you are having fun, but 2K royally screwed up with this game.

The defensive AI problems are inexcusable and undeniable. There are countless threads and videos all over this site and YouTube demonstrating the problems. It's broken. Beyond belief.

Add in the injury issues (also threads about this) and fatigue and recovery issues, and you have a totally unplayable franchise mode experience.

This game does so much right. It really does. And the game play is so smooth. But the problems are huge and I can't just pretend they don't exist. More power to you if you can... but I'm not OK with defenders getting shoved out of plays or literally just running away from their man to give them wide open shots.
I don't think anyone is "overlooking" the problems. I have yet to read a comment where anyone is saying that the game is perfect as is outside of shooting which is a subjective opinion. What you're seeing is that many people are still immensely enjoying the game DESPITE the fundamental flaws. That's a very rare situation. It would be like playing COD/BF, and the developers screwed up by making all the guns with the same stats within the same gun type (assault, submachine, sniper, etc). Technically, you could still enjoy and play the game, but you lose the advantages of using different guns to suit your particular gaming style. However, you could be a player that's still having fun while you wait for them to patch the game.

Don't why I'm using so many COD analogies, lol.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #69
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Haven't noticed any help defense issue in one v one hof online. They apply my settings I set before the game. And I turn Ace off too.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #70
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Haven't noticed any help defense issue in one v one hof online. They apply my settings I set before the game. And I turn Ace off too.

I'm starting to wonder if being forced to use ACE is the reason for all the wonky defensive issues. ACE is a great idea in principle, but I never had so many issues with dumb CPU double teams in the past when ACE wasn't on by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I'm on PS4 and as I said before having a great time.
I'm having a great time with the game too, but there are issues that take away from me having an AMAZING time. Everything doesn't have to be 100% hunky dory with the game. There can be constructive complaints while we're still having fun.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-24-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #71
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

The AI doesn't do anything on it's own when I have Ace off. So it's basically my settings and that's it. Haven't had any guys leaving their dude for no reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #72
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

This gameplay is a good exemple. I basically have everyone on tight beside Noah who I have on gap. You see the guys I'am not controlling sticking to their man and Drummond floating in the paint to help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »