Home

Overdevelopment of the Three Point Shot In MyLeague

This is a discussion on Overdevelopment of the Three Point Shot In MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 03:52 AM   #33
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Overdevelopment of the Three Point Shot In MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
In my opinion, the best thing (for the future) would be if we get a Potential Rating/Cap for Shooting, which can be exceeded by a small margin (letīs say a guy has a Cap of 84 in 3Pt-Shooting, he could become a 86 if he has a Career Year in Shooting - just like Overall Potential works now I think).

Regression is not the solution, because for most players shooting skills does not regress that much with age, so if a guy is a 96 in 3Pt-Shooting, he should never fall under 90-92. Most players drop in FG% with age because their declining athleticism does not allow them to get that many open looks like in their prime.

As far as 2K17 goes, maybe the Devs can tune this a bit. And thankfully we now have the quick Edits (one of the best new features in the game).
I do know they have some logic (since 2k15 or 16) that is supposed to account for this, but it obviously at the very least needs some tuning. Leftos has said before that different attributes are supposed to progress differently; they've looked at typical improvement curves for things like IQ, outside shooting, athleticism, free throw shooting, etc, and have tried to make the attributes in game progress similarly to how they tend to irl (e.g. free throw shooting should progress much more slowly than other attributes, and not really improve past 90).

I'd be willing to bet that something has 'broken' the logic they put in place. My best guess based on the wonderful analysis yall have done in this thread is the new contested rating in addition to the existing open/moving has thrown off progression/training, maybe it wasn't accounted for correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iki319
"Every team except Houston has at least one player with 90+ open three"
What! As a Rockets fan, I am disgusted. Get this fixed 2k.
Not a Rockets fan but couldn't help and laugh at the irony. Somewhere, Daryl Morey is triggered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »