Home

AI Speed Boosts and Recovery

This is a discussion on AI Speed Boosts and Recovery within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #33
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: AI Speed Boosts and Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Friend of mine posted this on twitter....wanted to share here since its one of the crazier examples...

Shump is literally giving him the left, but still recovers in time to stop him in his tracks.

Just call the foul. If 2k called fouls on out of position speed boosts that would be enough for me

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-10-2016, 12:47 AM   #34
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

As far as the CPU getting advantages the user doesn't get, I feel another one is the tangibilty of the ball. I stopped playing just now because jerami grant (I think that's his name) kept having the ball going through my defenders whenever I crowded him. But on the other side of the court, while I'm trying to get away from the defender to run a play, I was consistently losing the ball if I was touched while doing a dribble move. It's really annoying because I'll barely get past the defender and they'll somehow catch up to my side and I'll lose the ball.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 10-10-2016, 02:58 AM   #35
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

There should be a thread with a list of all these legacy issues and each issue gets crossed off when it gets remedied. This rubbish has been in 2K since the beginning. Czar keeps saying don't play video games, play basketball, yet it's issues like this that make those glorious freestyle offenses and plays so hard to get into or enjoy. There is so much unnatural AI boosting across player to play interactions that users are forced to cheese and find ways to exploit the game. By the time they get online they know all the ways to exploit the AI and cheese you to death.

What 2K don't realize is you don't kill cheese by nerfing attributes, you do it by having solid realistic defensive AI that makes post entry passes hard to make and hard to finish. That makes it a risk vs reward to drive aimlessly into the paint etc. I understand implementing these things must be hard. But we're in 2016. When are we going to get realistic defense? 2026? Cmon man.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Peninc; 10-10-2016 at 03:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 03:07 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Speed is poorly done this year. Slow defenders move way to fast and change direction to quickly. They add things in the game for "offline" balance and it hurts the user v. user experience. Just make speed ratings matter.
i disagree with this vehemently. I think this might be the best they've ever done speed in general. There are wonky moments when i cant take off like i should be able to on a break or how the cpu can catch up like 24 showed, but overall its fantastic. The NBA game is quick and the players are explosive, im glad 2k stopped trying to replicate the game in slow motion.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

It is amazing how my KD is not able to get past Dirk... I mean look at Dirk's laterall quickness and Durant's speed with Ball...

Speed in defense plays no role at all.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:19 AM   #38
Banned

Pretty sure these artificial cpu boosts were supposed to be out of this game according to the pre-release blogs.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 AM   #39
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Pretty sure these artificial cpu boosts were supposed to be out of this game according to the pre-release blogs.
Defense as a whole wasn't supposed to be as bad as it is according to those blogs.

This speed boost recovery issue is just another example of the AI getting whatever advantage they can. Cheap and cheesy as can be. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 AM   #40
Banned

Another thing linked to this, if the cpu is heading up court and I knock the ball loose, he shouldn't be able to turn around and beat me to it because of the way momentum works, yet they can turn on a sixpence and explode away. If I do the same thing, then I generally get put in some spin animation and/or stumble over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »