Home

Is NBA 2k17 worth the buy??

This is a discussion on Is NBA 2k17 worth the buy?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Is NBA 2k17 worth the buy??

Yes, easily the best NBA game ever.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
Alotta people saying CPU cheats you, what do you mean?

Plenty threads on here, man. But the main ones are:
You getting pushed out.of position on defense
The cpu sticking to you, even when you blow past them. This was a problem last year and returns even stronger
No fastbreak opprutunities. When you have one, you get this weird hitch animation and can't run in a smooth gait, while busmack biylmbo catches up with you
Cpu making contested shots in your mouth consistently.
Your ai teammates being pushed out of position on defense and helping out at the most idiotic times,
Moving screens not being called
The slighest bit of contact being called a foul. I know the.nba is softer them in the 90's but c'mon man!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #35
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

In my opinion,

I wouldn't buy it. Why? Its an unfinished game.

There we so many people that pre-ordered the game and didn't get the dream team.

I know it's just a small thing, but, there's no reason that so many people were forced to wait.

Let me explain why I bought it.
I bought it because I LOVE BASKETBALL. I love to read about the NBA, Love to play ball irl ( even though i'm 5'5 lmao). Love to watch highlights and last, play 2k. I ask myself before I buy any basketball game, " Is there any other basketball game that I would like" ?

No. I've watched enough reviews to know that Live currently isn't up to par with 2k in terms of basketball games. The only thing I like about live is that they have the whole ESPN crew. I truly love hearing Mike Breen say " BANGGGG". I prefer ESPN over NbaTV crew. However, That small thing isn't gonna stop me from buying 2k.

I would recommend upgrading to 2k17 if you're an online player. New content and as the year goes on, you will see less people on 2k16. Once Christmas and black friday hits, expect bunch of more users on 2k17.

This is just my opinion, thought I'd share
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #36
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Is it worth buying as of right now? Honestly, no, it's not.

At this moment in time, it doesn't really play a strong game of simulation basketball. If you want to play park, my career, etc. Then yes, it's the game for you.

If you want an authentic NBA offline experience, you may want to hold off until there's a patch that addresses some of the major game play issues.

Defense being the main culprit in this whole thing. Your ai teammates just aren't very smart as of right now. They double when they shouldn't, they leave men wide open on almost every play, and it's quite impossible for any of them to fight around a screen.

The AI will shoot over 50% almost every game you play, I'm not sure what's the cause of this, but it was fixed for a few days, and now it's back to high scoring games every game.

It's almost impossible to run a fast break with the ai catch up speed, they cut you off almost every time up the court. And it seems like every ai offensive rebound will lead to an and 1 bucket.

The game definitely has potential, it flashes brilliance on the court more often than not, but we need a serious patch to address these game play issues. I really don't know how much is going to be resolved, though. 2k put out an update that brought the fg% to a realistic clip, the online community lost their minds and it was changed right back.

I'm holding out hope for patch 5, and if I was to recommend anyone to this game, it would be to wait until after patch 5 to see what was changed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #37
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Of course it's worth the buy.

The question should be is it worth the $60(or $45 if you have GCU)and to me, that's where it's up in the air and depending on the person's budget.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #38
Rookie

If you have 16 don't buy it. If you are just really into myGM then maybe it would suit you. When it was launched it was different and pretty good honestly. Now somehow the legacy issues that have plagued the game for years have all come back in one patch. If you play online or myteam...don't even bother. Notice all the people say to buy it basically give no detail as to why. Only its "the best game ever".
Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
It's a much better game than 2K16.
Thought police
Old 10-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman7
If you have 16 don't buy it. If you are just really into myGM then maybe it would suit you. When it was launched it was different and pretty good honestly. Now somehow the legacy issues that have plagued the game for years have all come back in one patch. If you play online or myteam...don't even bother. Notice all the people say to buy it basically give no detail as to why. Only its "the best game ever".
At the moment, 2K16 plays a better game of basketball, and that's saying something cause 2K16 had its share fair of flaws, but it was definitely not as bad as 2k17 is right now, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

If 2k tightens up things in a patch, then for sure 2k17 blows 16 out of the water, but I've went back to 16 for the moment to get my NBA simulation fix.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »