Home

Is NBA 2k17 worth the buy??

This is a discussion on Is NBA 2k17 worth the buy?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #41
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is NBA 2k17 worth the buy??

I wonder how 16 was, this time last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #42
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

I didn't pay full price (XBL Rewards), so I'm biased. I can't say if it's worth a buy at full price. I had more fun with 2K16 online (up to this juncture with 2K17). I liked that shooting was challenging in 2K16 and you didn't hit every single wide open shot, but I noticed on here and elsewhere that (at the time) people complained about the shooting difficulty, and in 2K17 it feels too easy to hit even circus shots. The input lag -- for me, anyway, or maybe I'm just a terrible player -- makes it nigh impossible to play on-ball D online. I hate playing the Rockets, because it seems like no matter how many defenders are on James Harden, so many players hit layup after layup despite being crowded by four defenders consistently.

Can't wait for the game to hopefully be patched, at least in that regard. If I were you, I'd wait to buy it when it's a little cheaper. I don't think it's as great as people are touting it to be, and I've loved 2K ever since the very first one for the Dreamcast. I wish EA would make NBA Live to be at least a little formidable, enough to kick 2K into gear and creating a more stable product. Honestly, with launch issues yearly, I wish 2K would wait until the last week of October or the first week of November to drop the game. It has the potential to be a great game, but the issues are so irritating.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #43
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
Never bought a game so unplayable out the box

I'm baffled , the player models are hilarious !!
Did u see how they did wiggins ?? Looking way too skinny
And yes it plays better then any 2k to date but they screwed us
On the sliders and balance ...superstar is a mess because CPU
Cheats all.game to keep up ..AI is watered down not fun to play against

I hope they patch the game play sliders asap because no set i tried
Gave me that real sim ball play .i payed 65 euros thats like 80 dollars wixh is way too much .graphics allso are a setback.
Did you see Brandon Bass? Laughable. He looks like he's about 190 lbs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #44
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
It's a much better game than 2K16.
Except the basketball elements.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
I didn't pay full price (XBL Rewards), so I'm biased. I can't say if it's worth a buy at full price. I had more fun with 2K16 online (up to this juncture with 2K17). I liked that shooting was challenging in 2K16 and you didn't hit every single wide open shot, but I noticed on here and elsewhere that (at the time) people complained about the shooting difficulty, and in 2K17 it feels too easy to hit even circus shots. The input lag -- for me, anyway, or maybe I'm just a terrible player -- makes it nigh impossible to play on-ball D online. I hate playing the Rockets, because it seems like no matter how many defenders are on James Harden, so many players hit layup after layup despite being crowded by four defenders consistently.

Can't wait for the game to hopefully be patched, at least in that regard. If I were you, I'd wait to buy it when it's a little cheaper. I don't think it's as great as people are touting it to be, and I've loved 2K ever since the very first one for the Dreamcast. I wish EA would make NBA Live to be at least a little formidable, enough to kick 2K into gear and creating a more stable product. Honestly, with launch issues yearly, I wish 2K would wait until the last week of October or the first week of November to drop the game. It has the potential to be a great game, but the issues are so irritating.
I agree. I've grown a bit weary of the constant patching and all the nonsense that comes with it in this series. Last two years I thought they were good games at launch; minor issues to be patched but shot % and other things get buffed, nerfed and so on. And it never plays the same.
I would really like to see Live make a move. I think a lot of people dogging Live have never actually played it for a period of time. The animations are terrible (everyone knows this). But with Live, believe it or not, has some basketball in the game. If you run plays and use controls available; you'll do well. On the other hand...the 2k experience is the same tried and true tactics that are never realistic in a basketball sense. 2k repeatedly patches, buffs and nerfs the game to try to suit the whole range of game types...and you can obviously see how it works out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I wonder how 16 was, this time last year?
Well..at launch 3pt% were lower and you had to take good shots. Also turboing into the paint aimlessly was no good (contact success was very low). It was quite nice, but the community whined and 2k patched the hell out of it and it turned into garbage. That was about this time last year.
Fast forward to this year. Patch comes out because of people throwing a fit about sharpshooters. Wang thinks %s are too high and screws with the contests and also dismantles the shot stick aim system to be the same as buttons...go figure
Old 10-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
Never bought a game so unplayable out the box

I'm baffled , the player models are hilarious !!
Did u see how they did wiggins ?? Looking way too skinny
And yes it plays better then any 2k to date but they screwed us
On the sliders and balance ...superstar is a mess because CPU
Cheats all.game to keep up ..AI is watered down not fun to play against

I hope they patch the game play sliders asap because no set i tried
Gave me that real sim ball play .i payed 65 euros thats like 80 dollars wixh is way too much .graphics allso are a setback.
All I needed to know was whether that *****
catch up AI was still there. Thank you.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 01:00 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman7
Well..at launch 3pt% were lower and you had to take good shots. Also turboing into the paint aimlessly was no good (contact success was very low). It was quite nice, but the community whined and 2k patched the hell out of it and it turned into garbage. That was about this time last year.
Fast forward to this year. Patch comes out because of people throwing a fit about sharpshooters. Wang thinks %s are too high and screws with the contests and also dismantles the shot stick aim system to be the same as buttons...go figure

Wait until he starts to reward off ball more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »