Home

anyone had success with fastbreaks?

This is a discussion on anyone had success with fastbreaks? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #17
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: anyone had success with fastbreaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I noticed a lot of times after a big steal on the other end of the court, the PG or SG would be running and then turn around or stop for no reason. I don't get it. Doesn't seem consistent either, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

It's because there is new glue type animation with CPU defender is near your player. If they even reach out behind you or slightly touch you then your fast-break or your AI's fast-break is over. 2k seems to try to do everything they can in their powers to lower easy scoring but along the way they are absolutely destroying game mechanics. First it's the fast breaks and now with clear evidence of broken layup system. All this nerfing is making this game play worse and worse. There is a difference between contact and getting stuck to defenders, losing the ball, and being prevented to lay the ball up with certain badges arch types.

To much animation and to much nerfing things back that's the problem with all of this. All this tonting things down for so called sim play is just creating new issues. My Park for example has become a full blown 3 point contest. Last night a 7 foot stretch big center hit 4/5 3s all net. He was draining them like Curry. I'm guessing that's going to be nerfed back now and it's going to break something else.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #18
Rookie

Im a fastbreak guru and i can assure you that fastbreaks in 17 rarely happen.

Its frustrating because i can have a Pg and a wing in the open court and throw an oop but my Wing goes wandering off or never even crosses the 3 point line

Same with my Center. Why is he just standing at the top of the key ON A FASTBREAK?

Im throwing an oop thinking hes following behind me but nope dude just walking aimlessly at the 3 point line resulting in a turnover
Old 09-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #19
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I get plenty, I think it just depends on who you use. The OMFB badge & the Speed W/Ball rating are definitely key. Wall, Russ, Bron, Steph, etc All fly downcourt, burning everybody for me. Slower guys get that slight bump animation when a defender gets next to them, but it doesn't stop my ability to get to the cup and finish.

I don't know if it's in tendencies or coaching settings, but I play with a few teams where wing guys just leak out and take off immediately. I have McCollum on my MyTeam and he does this regardless.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
It's because there is new glue type animation with CPU defender is near your player. If they even reach out behind you or slightly touch you then your fast-break or your AI's fast-break is over. 2k seems to try to do everything they can in their powers to lower easy scoring but along the way they are absolutely destroying game mechanics. First it's the fast breaks and now with clear evidence of broken layup system. All this nerfing is making this game play worse and worse. There is a difference between contact and getting stuck to defenders, losing the ball, and being prevented to lay the ball up with certain badges arch types.

To much animation and to much nerfing things back that's the problem with all of this. All this tonting things down for so called sim play is just creating new issues. My Park for example has become a full blown 3 point contest. Last night a 7 foot stretch big center hit 4/5 3s all net. He was draining them like Curry. I'm guessing that's going to be nerfed back now and it's going to break something else.
this dude, THIS. thank you! imo 2k should tune the game strictly for offline play, and i'm not being selfish - cheese is going to happen online in one form or another, just let it go.

Last edited by psydefx; 09-28-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #21
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I just had a game where I scored 24 points in the fast break. A lot were pull up Js. I love the second highlight in this clip. At no stage did I turbo with Paul. They didnt stop the ball and I found the hole.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #22
Banned

for the life of me, i cannot beat the cpu on the break. it's REALLY rare. if i have a clear advantage, the cpu just speeds past me or impedes me on the break and my ai teammates also have no sense of urgency, or just stop completely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »