Home

Physicality is hurting running plays (with video evidence)

This is a discussion on Physicality is hurting running plays (with video evidence) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Physicality is hurting running plays (with video evidence)

NiIce work here! It's 2k's new off ball animations that are causing this. The interaction system needs some refining. Especially with CPU. They should just come out with a off the ball ratings.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I disagree with this. Physicality is a part of basketball and this replicates the real NBA.

Every play is not supposed to be ran perfectly

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
Agree but I do think it needs refining in certain areas. I've seen the CPU pin the CPU into the paint to get a 3 second call on 3 straight possessions.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #11
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I don't see the problem. It seems like the computer was holding him up trying to disrupt the play - as I think a defense should try to disrupt our plays. This happens in real life all the time.

Am I a missing something?

It doesn't happen like that. If you actually watch NBA games, you'd know there would be fouls called. Think about it. If it takes that long to run that floppy; with next to no degree of difficulty and intricacies, how do you think a complicated and clock burning play would work?

That video looks worse than old Pacers/Knicks playoff footage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

I was wondering why my plays took forever to develop. I find running plays pretyy unreliable this year tbh. Now I just stick to simple pick and rolls and quick posts up.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I disagree with this. Physicality is a part of basketball and this replicates the real NBA.

Every play is not supposed to be ran perfectly

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
I don't know how you can say that after watching the clip in the first post. It took 10 seconds to get the players into position to start running the play, then another 10 seconds to run a basic off-ball screen. That's not realistic in any sense of the word.

There should be physicality, but coupled with the slowness of players getting to their spots to even start to run the play, the constant bumping completely breaks a lot of offensive sets. Impeding progress and forcing them to go around or juke to get away is one thing, but it almost seems like the offensive players don't realize there is another solid object in their path sometimes, so they just trudge along slowly until they get to their next assigned spot.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #14
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I don't know how you can say that after watching the clip in the first post. It took 10 seconds to get the players into position to start running the play, then another 10 seconds to run a basic off-ball screen. That's not realistic in any sense of the word.

There should be physicality, but coupled with the slowness of players getting to their spots to even start to run the play, the constant bumping completely breaks a lot of offensive sets. Impeding progress and forcing them to go around or juke to get away is one thing, but it almost seems like the offensive players don't realize there is another solid object in their path sometimes, so they just trudge along slowly until they get to their next assigned spot.
You also forget that while JJ Redick trying to run the screen Blake Griffin is imitating an Otto Potter Shaq-a-fool move!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I don't see the problem. It seems like the computer was holding him up trying to disrupt the play - as I think a defense should try to disrupt our plays. This happens in real life all the time.

Am I a missing something?
Defense seems to be playing "DENY" on off-ball. Makes sense why Fournier would jam him up. But then again it's OS where if you can't play the game because of the other team's defense or offense then it means something is broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Agree but I do think it needs refining in certain areas.
Agreed. In the video posted I didn't mind that Reddick couldn't get open. But that fact that Fournier just stopped defending when no screen occurred and let JJ run out to the perimeter is a bigger issue to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »