Home

Post patch sliders and shooting %

This is a discussion on Post patch sliders and shooting % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #41
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Post patch sliders and shooting %

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
Use twitter, if you have to.

We need for this to be known.
Agreed, it's how we brought this to Mikes attention the first time.

I fear the response won't be so quickly this time around, though. That has me worried.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #42
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Agreed, it's how we brought this to Mikes attention the first time.

I fear the response won't be so quickly this time around, though. That has me worried.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm here. Just trying to understand exactly what the issue is. Two things changed last night that would impact shooting %s:

1. Faster pass speeds from the patch which could lead to more open looks
2. OG made an ACE update to improve help defense.

The more descriptive you guys can be with what you're seeing, the quicker I can get the correct fix out to you guys. Right now I'm testing some re-tuned values for open FG%. Might be all we need but I want to be thorough.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #43
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I'm here. Just trying to understand exactly what the issue is. Two things changed last night that would impact shooting %s:

The more descriptive you guys can be with what you're seeing, the quicker I can get the correct fix out to you guys. Right now I'm testing some re-tuned values for open FG%. Might be all we need but I want to be thorough.
do you have any suggested slider adjustments for offline players that are seeing high fg%?

would turning down the shooting sliders be enough, or would turning up some defensive sliders be a better remedy?
Old 09-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #44
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

Fr8m what i saw last night...

1) In addition to the faster pass speeds, the CPU was playing at breakneck speeds (cpu vs cpu on my end).

2) The midrange game was non-existant. It was either pass inside and get fouled, attack the basket or shoot the 3.

3) There was an insane amount of steals and foul calls...specifically in the paint. The majority post moves resulted in a foul call.

4) The FG % were really high.

5) CPU was not running any plays...just grab the ball out the net come down make a m8ve and chuck.

One quick note about the pace/speed of the game. I put game speed on 40 and they were still going really fast.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:03 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah the difference is the shooting pct and the user defense is easier for the ai to break down. In my game the lakers somehow got 102 shots up. And shot that at 48%. If they had run plays or been defended they would have only had 80ish shots like the real NBA. So I think it's a combination of pace, defense and shooting pct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

May have found something with regards to CPU playcalling in cpu vs cpu games. Gonna need to watch a few kore games to make sure its not placebo or my mind playing tricks on me but...in coaching settings offense and defense playcalling is automatically set to manual. I went in and set them to auto and am watching a cpu vs cpu game Bulls vs Bucks. So far ive seen the AI walk the ball up and i have seen them do plays. Again it could absolutely be n8thing but i am checking for it.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 6

So your saying nothing changed except pass spd? And ace? It's amazing it plays this different from just that.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #48
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Even though I haven't downloaded the patch purposely (reading thread post patch impression), I do like the sound of zippier passes. But then again, the developers really need to focus on smarter, a lot smarter defense. The offense always has the upper hand. If the developers could solely focus on smart defense, I'm believing that could solve a lot of issues.

This is why I decided to stay away from patches this year, at least up to this point. Still haven't downloaded the first mini-patch or the newer 7gb patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Serious question...if I bought the digital copy and I uninstall and reinstall offline will it play without the patches?. At this point I would rather Olay this game offline the way it was out the box than play it this way.
Unfortunately, I don't believe so. I tried finding out that answer online several weeks ago and the definitive answer is that once you go digital, deleting and redownloading the game unfortunately will come equipped with the patch. However, if you were to buy the disc based version. You can simply delete the game, disconnect from the internet and reinstall the disc based and you should be able to circumvent any patches. Don't quote me on that, but that's my brief research.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »