Home

Post patch sliders and shooting %

This is a discussion on Post patch sliders and shooting % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Post patch sliders and shooting %

How does the game play w/o any patches?? I've never played prior the day 1 patch
Old 09-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 6

And would that play with miles adjusted shooting sliders ?? Or would I need to connect to the Internet for that?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #51
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Even though I haven't downloaded the patch purposely (reading thread post patch impression), I do like the sound of zippier passes. But then again, the developers really need to focus on smarter, a lot smarter defense. The offense always has the upper hand. If the developers could solely focus on smart defense, I'm believing that could solve a lot of issues.

This is why I decided to stay away from patches this year, at least up to this point. Still haven't downloaded the first mini-patch or the newer 7gb patch.

Unfortunately, I don't believe so. I tried finding out that answer online several weeks ago and the definitive answer is that once you go digital, deleting and redownloading the game unfortunately will come equipped with the patch. However, if you were to buy the disc based version. You can simply delete the game, disconnect from the internet and reinstall the disc based and you should be able to circumvent any patches. Don't quote me on that, but that's my brief research.

Feelings hurt on that.
Attached Images
File Type: gif nh2dhH.gif (1.96 MB, 178 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #52
Rookie

Man2116's Arena

OVR: 0

Any word on whether they will patch these fast breaks, feels like your running in mud while the CPU is ice skating to cut you off. There is no reason Noah should be catching up to the likes of Kyrie when a steal is made on the perimeter. There is no slider to fix this!
Old 09-27-2016, 09:35 PM   #53
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I'm here. Just trying to understand exactly what the issue is. Two things changed last night that would impact shooting %s:

1. Faster pass speeds from the patch which could lead to more open looks
2. OG made an ACE update to improve help defense.

The more descriptive you guys can be with what you're seeing, the quicker I can get the correct fix out to you guys. Right now I'm testing some re-tuned values for open FG%. Might be all we need but I want to be thorough.
Beluba, once again, class act for coming in so fast.

From what most of us are seeing, shot percentages are through the roof again, and scores are incredibly high. Lots and lots of contested shots seem to be falling again, and certainly not enough misses across the board.

AI seems to have its way in the paint when it gets the ball inside, playing defense is extremely difficult in the paint, so that's leading to a high shot % as well.

The AI seems to always have an open shot, that seems to be due to the increased pass speed (which is a welcome addition, BTW) but your AI teammates often seem unaware on defense, leaving guys wide open for easy buckets. I'm not sure if this is an ACE thing, or an AI thing.

I'm sure others can point out other things, but this seems to be what I'm seeing. With your past slider edit, you made the game play great with the reduced fg%, I know a lot of us were in heaven. Thanks for working with us so quickly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #54
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I'm here. Just trying to understand exactly what the issue is. Two things changed last night that would impact shooting %s:

1. Faster pass speeds from the patch which could lead to more open looks
2. OG made an ACE update to improve help defense.

The more descriptive you guys can be with what you're seeing, the quicker I can get the correct fix out to you guys. Right now I'm testing some re-tuned values for open FG%. Might be all we need but I want to be thorough.
As I posted in the beginning of the thread, I experienced in a HOF MyLeague (post patch) game featuring the Blazers (me) vs Pelicans (CPU) the following things:

Lillard was double teamed from the beginning of the game, usually with help from Asik or Davis. It sounds great in practice that the AI wants to get the ball off of my best player and leading scorer, but they were leaving my C or PF completely exposed in the paint and once I made that pass, I got an easy layup or a dunk.

Now that's all fine, but at the point where I was up by more than 15 in the first 5 minutes (11 minute quarters), they never adjusted their defense when the strategy was clearly not working. This lasted for 3 periods before I just gave up, as I was shooting 70% because of all the open shots that were resulting from the recklessly collapsed CPU defense.

The CPU itself ended up at 42%, which is perfectly fine for the kind of shots they were ending up with. Granted, I did make some defensive adjustments pre game so that might have helped. I used Sam Pham's suggestions which helped in bringing my C to protect the rim where the opponent drove to the basket.

I did experience a lot of shots going in from outside that weren't perfect releases, but that might had been just the luck of the draw so I'm not sure there's anything to be taken from it. But in previous (pre-patch) games I have experienced high shooting percentages from both the AI and myself with the HOF slider set. I guess I'll give Real % a shot and see how that goes.

Last edited by demencia_total; 09-27-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:22 PM   #55
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Beluba, once again, class act for coming in so fast.

From what most of us are seeing, shot percentages are through the roof again, and scores are incredibly high. Lots and lots of contested shots seem to be falling again, and certainly not enough misses across the board.

AI seems to have its way in the paint when it gets the ball inside, playing defense is extremely difficult in the paint, so that's leading to a high shot % as well.

The AI seems to always have an open shot, that seems to be due to the increased pass speed (which is a welcome addition, BTW) but your AI teammates often seem unaware on defense, leaving guys wide open for easy buckets. I'm not sure if this is an ACE thing, or an AI thing.

I'm sure others can point out other things, but this seems to be what I'm seeing. With your past slider edit, you made the game play great with the reduced fg%, I know a lot of us were in heaven. Thanks for working with us so quickly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
This guy pretty much nailed it.

I just don't enjoy 65-65 halftime scores, especially when one of the teams is the 76ers. No offense, 76ers fans. The game is fast paced, contested shots continue to drop in at high rates. Players simply aren't playing to their rating, the way they did in the past. Even the worst players seem to shoot 50%+

I'm a player lock guy, so the way the CPU plays is important to me on both sides - and when it comes to defense, they're pretty bad. I've tried every difficulty.

Teams seem to lack identity - they all play like the Golden State Warriors.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 09-27-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #56
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah the current XBOX 1 game play HOF SIM but bring the consistency down to 50 is the best 2K I have experienced in the franchise. It is not perfect but it is clearly the best in the history of the game. This latest patch sounds like a step back and not an easy fix because passing is faster and the pace is faster from what you guys are saying.

Sounds like the CPU is logical it knows it can zip passes so it passing in the paint.

For those that have the patch you probably want to attack the problem with the paint scoring first.
  1. Layup defense strength takeoff and release probably bring the user defense slider up to 65 to see if brings paint defense up enough by itself. You just want to see what you can defend to bring it close to what it was before the latest patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »