Home

Post patch sliders and shooting %

This is a discussion on Post patch sliders and shooting % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #65
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Post patch sliders and shooting %

What's killing me is, I dropped down to All Star and I'm getting really decent results.

Through one quarter I'm shooting 44% and the AI 39%

Things seem fair and balanced, and we're both missing shots we should miss, a lot less "cheese" going on.

Once again, kudos on the improved pass speed, I can't stress enough how awesome that is. I like how all star is playing, but it's hard knowing I'm not getting the full benefits of ACE.

It seems like on a higher difficulty level, the probability of shots going in seems to be increased for the user and cpu, even with your recent slider edits.

Could the extra ace benefits be giving the players certain "boosts" underneath the hood? It's the only thing I can think of as to why it's playing so strange on the higher difficulties

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 11:05 PM   #66
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
What's killing me is, I dropped down to All Star and I'm getting really decent results.

Through one quarter I'm shooting 44% and the AI 39%

Things seem fair and balanced, and we're both missing shots we should miss, a lot less "cheese" going on.

Once again, kudos on the improved pass speed, I can't stress enough how awesome that is. I like how all star is playing, but it's hard knowing I'm not getting the full benefits of ACE.

It seems like on a higher difficulty level, the probability of shots going in seems to be increased for the user and cpu, even with your recent slider edits.

Could the extra ace benefits be giving the players certain "boosts" underneath the hood? It's the only thing I can think of as to why it's playing so strange on the higher difficulties

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bet something happened tuning for the higher difficulty. Mike probably has to retune the success rates for shooting on higher difficulty it seems like it reset to something else. Further tuning might need to be done on defense strength if passing is faster in the paint.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #67
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I bet something happened tuning for the higher difficulty. Mike probably has to retune the success rates for shooting on higher difficulty it seems like it reset to something else. Further tuning might need to be done on defense strength if passing is faster in the paint.

What happens if you select Hall Of Fame sliders and then edit sliders down to All-Star level? You will still get full ACE correct?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:13 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah it's so strange the damage done only by passing speed.

Anyway what about the possibility of boosting defense over offense in terns of awareness and consistency (obviously for both the user and AI)? Could it help to reduce bad plays and reads?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:22 PM   #69
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Pass speed might be a little high. It seems it went from floaty and slow to laser beams. They could be less accurate as well. Passes that fast and accurate seem to lead to a wide open guy more often than not. I'm not saying shooting percentages across the board are fine, but I think what I mentioned contributes.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #70
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
What happens if you select Hall Of Fame sliders and then edit sliders down to All-Star level? You will still get full ACE correct?
You definitely get the full ACE on HOF. I don't think you will get the right shooting though. All-star has higher shooting numbers in sliders than SS and HOF

Sent from tap, tap tappy using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm playing Hall of Fame against the CPU and the faster pass speeds has made the controls not as responsive. I am getting backdoored a lot because of the faster cpu passing and unresponsiveness of the controls. It seems harder to play defense as a whole because players don't have the weight they had prior to this patch. It is really hard now to get past your man on offense. I played 5 games and don't like the new feel at all. It is getting to the point where I loathe downloading any patches from 2k because something gets compromised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 11:44 PM   #72
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I restarted the Blazers (me) vs Pelicans (CPU) game both on Superstar, and All-Star to see if I saw any changes, but nope. Pelicans double team on the perimeter at all times leaving me with easy dunks and layups, and if they close in on the paint, I can kick out to a jump shooter and make an easy 2 or 3. Being that I can get an open shot on almost every possession, the shooting %'s are always going to be high for me no matter the difficulty. The ACE engine seems to be the culprit of the inflated numbers because the AI sticks with one strategy no matter if its a terrible one.

I saw some closeouts in the paint by the AI which were better than pre-patch, but the added speed in passes combined with icon passing means I can pretty much hit the open man with anyone at any point when I'm double teamed. I'll make mistakes here and there, but 90% of the time I'm getting super easy shots. The double teams start at the perimeter as soon as Lillard or McCollum crosses the half court, which makes them incredibly predictable and easy to overcome.

I also notice that if I turn ACE on for myself the CPU makes some terrible choices for matchups. In my case, Aminu (PF) keeps getting assigned to Tyreke Evans and Turner (SF) to Anthony Davis which is insane. If I change it on the menu, ACE resets it immediately, so I have to turn ACE off to be able to get the best matchups for my team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »