Home

Are the MyTeam tiers on different difficulties?

This is a discussion on Are the MyTeam tiers on different difficulties? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Are the MyTeam tiers on different difficulties?

What on Earth am I playing on? Once again 2K's lack of transparency kills another facet of the game. How do these tiers work? I'm in the silver tier and most of my opponents are in the bronze. I've completed domination and built a pretty nice team to most of my opponents quit immediately, but when I do get a game, it's a bronze tiered player with a garbage lineup (Other than trial cards) yet they dominate every aspect of the game. Even non user controlled aspects like rebounding. Shooting crazy percentages in heavily contested looks, yet I'm struggling wide open with guys like Curry, Klay, & Love. There is literally no way we can be playing on the same difficulty.

I can understand if I'm getting beat by better basketball. Ball movement, good PnR execution, or superior post game, but no. This guy literally spammed the behind the back move from halfcourt to the three line and pops threes. Sometimes it was because Steph got his ankles rocked (understandable) but others it was just pure cheese. So I attempt to play down because real basketball is just not effective at this point but I can't shake him. He bumped my players all over the court and I couldn't get any separation. I couldn't even take advantage of the cheese which leads me to believe the tiers have to be on separate difficulty. And it's not just me upset with taking L's. The one game I played on bronze tier, I felt like I benefit from this same skewed gameplay scale.

I heard Chris Smoove say last year someone confirmed differing levels of difficulty in RTTP games, can anyone confirm or deny this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the MyTeam tiers on different difficulties?

it's been like that since the last time they has unrestricted teams from start (2k14)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »