Home

For those still saying sharpshooters are not op....

This is a discussion on For those still saying sharpshooters are not op.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For those still saying sharpshooters are not op....

Out of curiosity, Has anyone else seen any other archetype put up these kind of numbers consistently.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #26
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Is proam completely different from park? My brother created a sharpshooter who's already a 90 and he can't shoot any wide open shot at all lol

It has to be the type of jumper he's using. I'm sure there are players out there that figured out which jumper is easiest to shoot with.
Dude was using a custom jumper I believe.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #27
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstone77
Out of curiosity, Has anyone else seen any other archetype put up these kind of numbers consistently.

I haven't seen any other archetype put up numbers like this. I've watch them hit contested shots while being doubled so please I don't wanna hear "well maybe your not playing good defense".
Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #28
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstone77

My Slasher was consistently dropping 10-14 in park the other night which is on Par, but like everything it comes down to adjustments.

So, here's what I'm trying: First, If they are running screens, who ever is guarding the screener must hedge hard or switch. And I mean they have to step out to hedge, Make contact to slow the guy down, and get out of the way. Or just full switch.

Two, You have to be willing to live with 2s. If they're all sharpshooters and one is in the paint, just deal with it and get it back at the other end. As soon as you collapse they will kick, and Dimer+Catch and Shoot is game over.

Three, Be on them like glue. Do not give them room. Don't rely on close outs if possible. I mean in their uniform defense. Steal from them since they have poor dribbling. If you contest you have to be on top of them. I haven't figured our if Jumping for a block is an defensive penalty like last year, so I can't suggest that as an option yet.

Finally, Patience. You have to be willing to accept a few things. Accept that at least 1 super contested shot is going in. Accept that they will drain it with a sliver of daylight. Accept these dacts, and move on. If they get In your head you already lost.

It's pretty annoying and that advice is not a guarantee, but if you're doing everything you can do, that's all you can do.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #29
Rookie

The fact that they can shoot 70%+ from 35+ feet while wide open should be enough evidence.

Add their ability to hit contested shots from 35+ feet at a decent clip, and it becomes glaringly obvious there's an issue.

Please help me understand how this is not considered OP.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #30
Pro

All ya dudes on this forum do is complain, ya the reason why 2k16 got patched to death and turn into a crappy game. I hate you scrubs for real.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:09 PM   #31
Pro

i dont care whats going on, youre not dropping 90 on me. TEAMS rarely score 90 in pro am, thats on the other team. i dont care he went 30/44...

someone going for 90 is the other team just not playing defense. cant give me any other argument id buy.

i understand folks want sharshooters tuned down (im not 1 of'em), but 90pts is not due to an overpowered archatype lol.

i totally understand why ppl say sharpshooters are OP, i just disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #32
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
All ya dudes on this forum do is complain, ya the reason why 2k16 got patched to death and turn into a crappy game. I hate you scrubs for real.
Lol scrubs? Sound like you might be one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »