Home

For those still saying sharpshooters are not op....

This is a discussion on For those still saying sharpshooters are not op.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: For those still saying sharpshooters are not op....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
Understandable. My pro am team is elite tier so we have never had anybody come near that number on us but you honestly don't have to have talent to score with a sharpshooter when this is suppose to be a esports competitive mode.
now thats a point i can agree with. that sharpshooters are the easiest archtype to be successful with, but i dont think that makes it OP.

but i can absolutley agree its the easiset archatype to be effective with.

sort of like 7'3 monsters from last year and 6'7" PG from last year as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #42
Rookie

FrequencyVibrations's Arena

Especially with all these meter problems and very late feedbacks when they are not very late. I don't get how y'all are saying sharpshooters are OP. You gotta have the right team around you too to score with a sharpshooter. You're not going to be able to use dribble moves to create space. So if a sharpshooter is dropping you off, it is more likely because you are leaving him open or your team is not hedging or switching off screens. Then when it comes to defense Sharpshooters are weak. Its not easy moving around and defending with a sharpshooter. So they are flawed there also.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:21 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT
Fixing the moving screens will lessen their effectiveness
Doom, sir, lol.

weve had this convo already - leave my screens alone lol!

as ive said, moving screens are part of the game now lmao. in all honesty they are a bit too much. but i dont want 2k to WAY overboarding patching or tuning anything. thats my fear
Old 09-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
i hear you, lmao. we'll prob never agree on this sir

if a guy goes for more than 10-15pts in a pro am game on me - my frustration automatically is aimed at myself for allowing it.

to me sharpshooters are not OP, just gotta hound them - no space for 90ft. im serious.

we disagree but i respect where youre coming - i just cant see how theyre OP.

the 2k community's defense is WAY U.P. (underpowered lmao)
That's fine that you disagree, but you haven't explained why you disagree or provided any examples of why they're not OP.

If you, or anyone for that matter believes shooting 70%+ from 35 feet and beyond is ok, there's no point in even having this discussion.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #45
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
Doom, sir, lol.

weve had this convo already - leave my screens alone lol!

as ive said, moving screens are part of the game now lmao. in all honesty they are a bit too much. but i dont want 2k to WAY overboarding patching or tuning anything. thats my fear
it'd be one thing if the moving screens were a couple steps like in real life but in 2k they're straight up pushing you all the way across the court lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 01:28 PM   #46
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstone77
All of you guys keep posting that you can stop sharpshooters, but for some reason these guys are still running pro-am. I bet if 2k released Fg% and Points per game by archetype Sharpshooters would lead the charge. The 3 ball drops at unreal percentages, fact, anybody that denies this needs to look up some stats.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Well, yeah the percentage will be off the charts, that's their whole thing. No one's denying that and I don't think anyone is saying they completely lock them down.

But you can slow it down, and make them play at your pace. It takes a squad on the same page to do it, yes, but it's do able.

I'll be the first to say it's crazy. If they could pull up from the opposite foul line they would. Honestly I'd nit be surprised if it dropped either. But it's not like it's impossible to deal with, especially if you dealt with 2k15 at the tail end

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-28-2016, 01:32 PM   #47
Rookie

FrequencyVibrations's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
The fact that they can shoot 70%+ from 35+ feet while wide open should be enough evidence.

Add their ability to hit contested shots from 35+ feet at a decent clip, and it becomes glaringly obvious there's an issue.

Please help me understand how this is not considered OP.
Do you know where a 35 foot jumper is on the court ? Even with Hall of Fame Limitless Range your meter wont allow you to shoot from there. And you say 35+ and beyond ? Why is the sharpshooter wide open in the first place ? That seems to be your problem.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyVibrations
Do you know where a 35 foot jumper is on the court ? Even with Hall of Fame Limitless Range your meter wont allow you to shoot from there. And you say 35+ and beyond ? Why is the sharpshooter wide open in the first place ? That seems to be your problem.
He's wide open because he's 35 ft out... smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »