Home

Thoughts about the shaky state of 2k Sports

This is a discussion on Thoughts about the shaky state of 2k Sports within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #33
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Thoughts about the shaky state of 2k Sports

2k17 reminds me of no mans sky and theyre..."issues" but theres 1 glaring problem.

there is 0 competition. basketball gamers have no choice but to spend $60-$100 on the game every year and have to tolerate the issues that take up to 4 patches to fix.

when i was in line to buy 2k17 the guy next to me looked at the $100 edition and asked me if people are on crack paying for that. $$ is higher than ever, expect nothing to change.

micro transactions and half finished games are here, and here to stay. it's not just a 2k problem
Old 09-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Everyone says how we are suppose to be thankful for what we have, the strides that have been made & how tech is bound to have problems... The issue is:

If you are going to charge someone for a product, advertise particular specifics (some that you know should have been addressed from previous installments), and then have the marketing genius to move up your release date to compete with other titles and "appease" your fans... YOU BETTER HAD PLAY TESTED FOR QUALITY CONTROL WHICH CLEARLY HASN'T HAPPENED AS EVIDENT BY THE VERY ITEMS THAT WRRE PROMOTED, BEING ONES THAT ARE NOT FUNCTIONING.

I so badly want to post a thread linking the exact comments, quotes and posts outlining features and enhancements side by side with the existing bug and footage (hopefully someone will take up this cause) bit unfortunately I'm editing in effort to remedy what we STILL don't have fixed for EVEN after the 1st patch (which is further proof that there was not a quality control check or those items would've already been in the works to be released with the first patch)

Improved Help D
Jerseys added to any roster/mode
Improved ACE
Rotation Logic

And many more fundamental issues that were advertised that are not working and are fundamental issues on top of things like inflated fg%s, scores showing before buckets and so on.

We have essentially paid to be used as the beta testers and have had poor communication the whole way through. All of this negates the positives for me.

I am NOT speaking as a consumer, I am speaking as someone in management... you should foresee issues with a plan in place to remedy, run damage control and communicate if you charge someone for a product. What we have gotten has been the furthest thing from that and as much as I love 2K, the series and the positive things that there are about the game; the disgustingly glaring overlooked issues combined with the lack of communication and prompt correction give the perception of a lack of concern and in sales/customer service (and ANY relationship), perception is reality.

This thread is more than warranted and is a much more civil approach than what is actually deserved in my opinion... but I digress.

Really hope someone makes that thread though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you, brother. thank you!
Old 09-28-2016, 10:17 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
They should skip a year.

Just look at MyCareer. All you would have to do is play it ONE time to see all the bugs.

They knew a lot of it was broken, but they still released it. I think the answer has to be:
They didn't have a choice, they had a deadline.

That said, is chucking out an unfinished game every year going to help them in the long run or hurt them with a ton of disgruntled fans ready to jump ship?
They need to strip MC back to what it was before... maybe a little intro story, still have endorsements, fan stuff maybe (give us superficial choices to get our dude special gear/vc bonuses/ etc), and work primarily on balance.

Like I said before, anyone who has really gone hard on a sports game knows there is wonky stuff under the hood of every game (that I can remember, at least.) Just like Anthony Randolph would always morph into a 99 overall point center in every franchise.

What we need now is true balance. I know not everyone has a good enough internet connection to play online, but I truly believe if they made the game more balanced online that people who say they "Don't play online" would give it a go. Or if they introduced a better match making system (to pit the do anything to win players against each other), a friendly match, a sim match, you know... stuff like that.

I personally don't think 2k is broken fundamentally this year... except that their balance was very poorly done. Unfort for me, that's what I care about most.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 10:17 PM   #36
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
It won't be that difficult. It happens a lot.

They don't own the NBA or Basketball. It's actually very likely that someone else will release a superior NBA game.

No other nba game will be coming to console outside of EA or 2k unless someone decides to pay a boatload.. and i mean a legitimate boatload of money to get the license over 2k and EA
Old 09-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #37
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
expect nothing to change.

micro transactions and half finished games are here, and here to stay. it's not just a 2k problem
That's not true.

The new Zelda looks awesome and last I checked, I don't gotta pay for Rupees or see a "Purchase More Rupees for $$" button every time I look in my inventory.

If Zelda did that - fans would be super mad.... but not with Sports games. I think a big reason is that a lot of Sports Gamers only play Sports games, so they don't realize when they're being shafted.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #38
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
No other nba game will be coming to console outside of EA or 2k unless someone decides to pay a boatload.. and i mean a legitimate boatload of money to get the license over 2k and EA
Not this year, not next year...

In 5-10 years? Most definitely.

That'd be like someone telling EA Sports 15 years ago that no other company will dethrone them. Why won't it happen again? It always happens, it's basically a guarantee, nothing lasts forever.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #39
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

This year the game was launched with ALOT of glaring bugs. Frankly it is one of the most unpolished products I have seen from the 2K team.

The fact that the TO sub bug made it into the release shows that.

Still a great game and will be even better after all the patches, but there are a lot of bugs that I don't expect from this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 10:50 PM   #40
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Does anyone investigate the reviews of 2k? Are they paid reviews or are they reviewed by people that don't care?

The game gets really high reviews every year... the reviewers always review it after like a few days of its release and they usually only mention surface level things.

I think reviews help drive sales these days, so maybe we should be yelling at reviewers. If they all gave it 5/10 for the bugs, what then?

And "online influencers" like ChrisSmoove? Does he ever have anything negative to say about 2k?
Chris Smoove has been very vocal about the free throw "upgrades," help defense and other issues just like us on NBA 2K17. If Smoove has complaints then you know something is wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »