Home

What is the worst way you've lost in a game?

This is a discussion on What is the worst way you've lost in a game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
Rookie

dking30's Arena

OVR: 0
What is the worst way you've lost in a game?

I'm a small forward / point forward and I play for the Celtics. We were playing Golden State and of course I had to guard KD. He was torching me all game. Steph and Dray were quiet, but Klay showed up.

Anyways, it's late the 4th quarter an we were up 13 and I was thinking about asking out and finish with VC but I wanted to finish the game out. Golden State started chipping away at the lead slowly. They would exchange our 2s for their 3s. We were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. With about 35 seconds left we're up 2, we drain the shot clock. I pass to Justice and he clanks a step back 3, KD comes down and pulls up for 3. All net. We miss the go ahead shot and lose the game.

TLDR: KD breaks our hearts.

It's just not fair lol. They didn't even play that well outside of Klay and KD. Anyone else have those type of games where you felt cheated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
Pro

Re: What is the worst way you've lost in a game?

MyLeague: Lakers v Thunder. Up by 1. Oladipo fouled on an inbound play with a stupid steal attempt with no fouls to give.

Nailed them with no time left to respond. There was maybe one second left. Why would I go for a steal? Just a lapse in my judgement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Played insane defense and held the CPU Jazz to just 52% from three (27/52). Was the best game I've ever played defensively in 2k. Lost by 37 with Cavs on All Star. Had the clamps on CPU all game. They only shot 74% (83/112).
Old 09-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #4
Pro

Wait... what?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
Played insane defense and held the CPU Jazz to just 52% from three (27/52). Was the best game I've ever played defensively in 2k. Lost by 37 with Cavs on All Star. Had the clamps on CPU all game. They only shot 74% (83/112).
Me and you use the term only differently lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie

I played with Toronto vs a Spurs User on PNO the other day

Up 18 at half

Coasted the 3rd qrtr still up over 10 points

Was up by 8 points with a minute and half left in the game.

Sullinger missed 2 free throws, Green smacks a 3, lead cut to 5, ... fouled on a dunk that flys to the moon and bricks both free throws with Sullinger again, Green smacks another 3, Up by 2 with 10 secs left, ok cool whatever ima just hold LT and get fouled , wrong Green runs up to Derozan who loses the ball and i immediately foul. Inbound pass floats... let me rephrse that, the ball FLOOOOATS to Kawhi across the court in slo mo ... Lowry jumps up to steal the pass but the ball goes through his hand and Kawhi hits a leaner to go to OT

Same scenario happens in OT Kawhi hits the game winner and im sitting there staring at the TV screen as the other guy is pausing the game like he did something incredible.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:25 PM   #7
Rookie

One of my first games as a starter in MyCareer this year (I'm like a 67 overall PG when this game was played) and I'm facing John Wall and the Wizards. We have a solid lead most of the game, about 7-10 points until late in the 4th quarter when John Wall breaks my ankles 5 STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS and makes a mid range pull up every time. My teammates were point shaving (Turnover or stupid stepback 3 every time I passed them the ball) and since I'm dead tired cuz 2k wouldn't let us upgrade stamina, we can't do anything on offense. We lose by like 5 and John Wall scored their final 13 points on me cuz I was on skates.

Some of the ankle breaker animations were super unrealistic as well. One time I was just standing there without pushing anything as he walks the ball up the court, when he is about 5 feet away from me he does a weak shamgod and my guy falls down like one of those fainting goats whose muscles tense up when they get scared. My feet were literally pointing towards the sky while Wall is hitting another pullup. That game felt so rigged especially since a mini cutscene triggered after the game where me and Justice were talking about how we let that game slip away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »