Home

The CPU offense is really, really well done this year

This is a discussion on The CPU offense is really, really well done this year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #9
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The CPU offense is really, really well done this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Agreed. CPU runs their offense extremely well. It Posts, dribbles, passes, cuts and screens very aggressively.

Non-shooters are a bit too aggressive and fruitful from outside, but overall it's great.

PS4, post patch 1.03.
The chess match strategy element in game play is real. On both offense and defense, if you start to have success with something as a user, the CPU will adjust in about 3 maybe 4 possessions. Last year the CPU would adjust within maybe double that, and it had many fewer possible adjustments to make. And on offense you can't bail yourself out with post up pump fakes and manual user cuts to the basket using triangle/Y. You have to learn to use many more basketball tactics and execute on them.

I'm finding I need to switch up game plan strategies and freelance sets much more frequently to compete this year even on AS.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

It is bro . I've never enjoyed playing my career so much . I've been playing 12 minutes superstar for the first time and it's a blast .

While I do like seeing Steph and Klay take fast break pull up 3s I hate seeing DWade and Butler do it all game. Hopefully a minor tweak and those players will attack the basket more on fast breaks . They already do it on half courts .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Guess I gotta be the one to say it. What game are y'all playing? Superstars don't play like superstars at all....guys like LeBron and Drose don't attack the basket at all. There are rinky dink backdoor passes that lead to auto fouls under the rim all game....they shoot weird 3s in transition...I mean this game seems to be a severe step back from 2K16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
Banned

Cpu on hall of fame is broken Worst cpu offense ever imo. It's just the worst defense in the series history makes the offense look good.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #13
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Guess I gotta be the one to say it. What game are y'all playing? Superstars don't play like superstars at all....guys like LeBron and Drose don't attack the basket at all. There are rinky dink backdoor passes that lead to auto fouls under the rim all game....they shoot weird 3s in transition...I mean this game seems to be a severe step back from 2K16.
I think it's a little hit or miss. I played a game against the Thunder last night, and Westbrook was attacking off the dribble and hitting some really nice free throw line jumpers. It was just fun to see.

But I do agree that there are some questionable passes under the hoop on occasion. But the teams I've played so far do seem to play more like themselves, and it's faster paced than last year.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Yup. I don't understand this thread at all. Game is a huge regression. And CPU offense must look "good" to these guys since user AI D is completely and utterly broken. But to each their own.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #15
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It is bro . I've never enjoyed playing my career so much . I've been playing 12 minutes superstar for the first time and it's a blast .

While I do like seeing Steph and Klay take fast break pull up 3s I hate seeing DWade and Butler do it all game. Hopefully a minor tweak and those players will attack the basket more on fast breaks . They already do it on half courts .
As I understand it, Czar is working on that. There's a safety based on 3pt rating that isn't kicking in for some reason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #16
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
Cpu on hall of fame is broken Worst cpu offense ever imo. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
By far the best CPU AI offense in a a 2K game.
I'd say it's probably somewhere between these two opinions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »