Home

The CPU offense is really, really well done this year

This is a discussion on The CPU offense is really, really well done this year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #33
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The CPU offense is really, really well done this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
I've been saying this for over a week now.

Let me know if you find a solid setting.
I lowered inside and close to 30, attack the rim to 80 and saw some nice things. I only played Memphis, but Parsons, Conley got to the rim 2-3 times and so did Gasol when I bodied him up.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree that it is well done. But at the same time the AI teammate defenders are also pretty poor at times, especially on pick and rolls. Like I can't tell if they are switching or not. I will come over a screen with no problem but they switch for whatever reason and the CPU has a wide open dunk in the paint.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #35
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Should we do something like community sliders. Even though i am not sure there would be a point since beluba announced the 1.05 patch. I would love to start a deep my league with Spurs or Lakers but with constant changes i am just not sure that i want that. I really enjoyed the game out of the box, maybe i was just in awe because everything was new but it's not case now as i realized it's problems. IMO, some of this things could be changed via sliders if that's possible, i don't think i could do it myself, i just believe other people more on that, there are sliders gurus in that section, or if that's not possible, via patches/tuning.

I can't play on 12 minutes, CPU is just playing too fast and end up with a loooot of shots so my big guys usually end up with a big number of rebounds. Maybe i am wrong, but it seems to me like every team is playing an ultra fast offense and their goal is to shoot the ball in the first 7 seconds of their posession, something like mid 00's Suns. Maybe it can be fixed via sliders but i am not sure, should i lower the game speed? It's on 50 currently. I think CPU should walk the ball sometimes, set their offense, try to get a good shot, not necessarily after 1 or 2 passes or couple of seconds.

CPU passing/passing overall/passing in the paint. Passing seems like a big issue this year. It's ok when guys like LeBron or CP3 have some crazy, great passes but you have to fear every play going with the backdoor pass and getting easy buckets. I don't think it's as much problem as some of the guys here present it to be, but still, they could be better for sure.

Sticky defense/bumping. Hate it, i mean, i sometimes manage to go past people but i feel like i have to dribble so much that if i don't manage to go past someone i won't have enough time on the shot clock to do anything else. And there are so many bumps that should end up as a foul but refs "miss" it. Can that be fixed via sliders, not sure. We don't want it to be too easy.

Pick and Roll. Sometimes i feel it's too easy, something i feel it's fine, something i feel like cpu help defense is broken. Sometimes feel so easy that i feel like i am cheating so i don't do it, like kind od a house rule. And about help defense, they usually go help too early, like, i didn't even go past the 3 point line and they already left their man in the corner giving me the open look. Maybe it's not broken, word that i hear here too much, but could be tuned. As sometimes they help too early, sometimes they forget to help. I got 20 assists in MyCareer and most of them were the pick and rolls with valanciunas who was often alone in the middle after he set the screen so it was an easy assist/basket.

There are more things but i just can't think of them at the moment, maybe because they are not that important to me.

I like the game. I disagree with some people here saying it's one of the worst 2ks in the last couple of years. Even if it's not the best, it has potential to be the best. The season haven't even started, there's really a much time to get it right. They communicate with us, they are trying to fix things, let's hope 2k can make it great.

And even if they don't, don't worry about me not playing the game. Basketball is my favourite sport by far, it's my hobby, passion, love and i preorder 2k every year. I have played basketball games since NBA LIVE 2002 so my standards are not that high as with some guys here, when i see how did games look back then and how much i enjoyed them it makes me appreciate how much has basketball gaming improved. Cya

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 10-10-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #36
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Should we do something like community sliders. Even though i am not sure there would be a point since beluba announced the 1.05 patch. I would love to start a deep my league with Spurs or Lakers but with constant changes i am just not sure that i want that. I really enjoyed the game out of the box, maybe i was just in awe because everything was new but it's not case now as i realized it's problems. IMO, some of this things could be changed via sliders if that's possible, i don't think i could do it myself, i just believe other people more on that, there are sliders gurus in that section, or if that's not possible, via patches/tuning.

I can't play on 12 minutes, CPU is just playing too fast and end up with a loooot of shots so my big guys usually end up with a big number of rebounds. Maybe i am wrong, but it seems to me like every team is playing an ultra fast offense and their goal is to shoot the ball in the first 7 seconds of their posession, something like mid 00's Suns. Maybe it can be fixed via sliders but i am not sure, should i lower the game speed? It's on 50 currently. I think CPU should walk the ball sometimes, set their offense, try to get a good shot, not necessarily after 1 or 2 passes or couple of seconds.

CPU passing/passing overall/passing in the paint. Passing seems like a big issue this year. It's ok when guys like LeBron or CP3 have some crazy, great passes but you have to fear every play going with the backdoor pass and getting easy buckets. I don't think it's as much problem as some of the guys here present it to be, but still, they could be better for sure.

Sticky defense/bumping. Hate it, i mean, i sometimes manage to go past people but i feel like i have to dribble so much that if i don't manage to go past someone i won't have enough time on the shot clock to do anything else. And there are so many bumps that should end up as a foul but refs "miss" it. Can that be fixed via sliders, not sure. We don't want it to be too easy.

Pick and Roll. Sometimes i feel it's too easy, something i feel it's fine, something i feel like cpu help defense is broken. Sometimes feel so easy that i feel like i am cheating so i don't do it, like kind od a house rule. And about help defense, they usually go help too early, like, i didn't even go past the 3 point line and they already left their man in the corner giving me the open look. Maybe it's not broken, word that i hear here too much, but could be tuned. As sometimes they help too early, sometimes they forget to help. I got 20 assists in MyCareer and most of them were the pick and rolls with valanciunas who was often alone in the middle after he set the screen so it was an easy assist/basket.

There are more things but i just can't think of them at the moment, maybe because they are not that important to me.

I like the game. I disagree with some people here saying it's one of the worst 2ks in the last couple of years. Even if it's not the best, it has potential to be the best. The season haven't even started, there's really a much time to get it right. They communicate with us, they are trying to fix things, let's hope 2k can make it great.

And even if they don't, don't worry about me not playing the game. Basketball is my favourite sport by far, it's my hobby, passion, love and i preorder 2k every year. I have played basketball games since NBA LIVE 2002 so my standards are not that high as with some guys here, when i see how did games look back then and how much i enjoyed them it makes me appreciate how much has basketball gaming improved. Cya
Other than the questionable defensive AI, the high number of FGA is the most annoying issue for me. Every team is averaging 95 FGA per game (played games,) and I've seen several 100+. The only way I can seem to get them somewhat accurate is to lower 'pull up in transition' to 0 for every player, on every team.

At this point, I really don't give a damn, I'll keep them to 0.

Now they actually seem to slow down, and run actual plays, after each defensive rebound. But it doesn't fix the AWFUL transition defense, which leaves at least 2 guys wide open every trip down the floor.

Good luck... and thanks for the tip, Dirk. I'll give it a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »