Home

Legend teams

This is a discussion on Legend teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Legend teams

One thing I wish for with this game is I wish there was more attention paid to the oldschool teams. They do a good job and probably difficult to do but the legend teams still end up playing like the modern nba in ways. It was a totally different game back then I understand and it's like developing two different games. It's pretty good and bird will hit 3's. Mchale will have his post moves and move like he does at times. just playing the 85 celtics vs 86 lakers right now. Some years they pay attention to this more than others. Seems pretty good. I just saw magic throw some crazy pass where he was moving his arms in all sorts of directions. Mchale sort of moves his arms like him at times. They have all the trademark stuff pretty good with the new teams. I don't see Bird throwing over the head passes though. Maybe he does but I doubt it. The pace of the game is also more new. Weird seeing cheerleaders in the old garden. That's just not right. This is one area they don't always pay attention to I wish they would some years. I get it takes dev time and not easy to replicate a completely different game but the new nba is so close why not the old nba?

It's nice to have and I get it's just a side thing having these teams. But having great detail of the old nba and having Red Auerbach there would be so great. They really could make an entire game like that.

This probably belongs in the impression thread but it's so out of the norm of the usual bs I made a new thread.

I should keep these ideas to myself though. It might not sell to the masses but having more detail in nba 2k as far as these teams would be good. They do a good job but it's noticeable that it's just kind of an afterthought.

An oldschool lakers vs celtics game with that kind of attention would be pretty awesome. It's close in ways. I see Bird's fadeaway and mchale movements are much improved from past years. Same with Parish but you can tell the attention to detail is just not there.

Just finished the game and beat the Lakers. Watching highlights you can see it where Mchale moves like him at times and same with Parish and Bird. Didn't see any Kareem skyhooks. There were moments though like Bird walking off the floor respecting the fans somewhat vs jumping around like a crazy person and MChales silky smooth post moves captured which is a definate improvement from past years.

Would be nice if they could make it really authentic. The assistant coaches were there and that was a bit much.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-29-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Legend teams

I agree with you, 100% on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »