Home

Video Clips of Poor Off Ball CPU Defending

This is a discussion on Video Clips of Poor Off Ball CPU Defending within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Video Clips of Poor Off Ball CPU Defending

The off ball cpu AI defending is one of the few issues I see with 2K17. I like the game alot, and it has tons of basketball strategy in it. But, they have to do a better job with the Cpu off ball defenders. This video is not about rotations or pnr defense. Let me know what you think?

This is all 1 game vs the HOF Cpu Cavs.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 09-29-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Video Clips of Poor Off Ball CPU Defending

Nice video. This and the PNR defensive rotations (and constant double teaming) are my biggest issues with 2K17. Hopefully this is all addressed in the next big patch.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

A recurring issue with 2K is that AI defensive movement is so sluggish. Mutiple times in your video the AI was in good position and then just forgets that its job is to protect the rim. Also big man pick roll recovery and transition D need major improvement. This game doesnt replicate how closely guarded guys in the paint are. Thats why it is so easy to spam the ball inside. No one should ever just magically spring free under the rim. Its no where near realistic.

On the inbound cheese the AI defenders need to play the cut to the basket first and then go forward with its next responsibility.

And another thing is that the inside play would look more realistic if the AI used bounce passes. Anyone that has ever played basketball on a competitive level knows that chest passes into the paint are typically a no go. But that leads to another problem of that you dont have pass around anyone in 2k including your on ball opponent. There are no pass angles and trajectories. You just click the pass button and you either succeed or fail. Theres no thing of the pass being slightly off the mark allowing the defense to recover. If better passing was incorporated the game would take another big step towards complete sim
Old 09-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
A recurring issue with 2K is that AI defensive movement is so sluggish. Mutiple times in your video the AI was in good position and then just forgets that its job is to protect the rim. Also big man pick roll recovery and transition D need major improvement. This game doesnt replicate how closely guarded guys in the paint are. Thats why it is so easy to spam the ball inside. No one should ever just magically spring free under the rim. Its no where near realistic.

On the inbound cheese the AI defenders need to play the cut to the basket first and then go forward with its next responsibility.

And another thing is that the inside play would look more realistic if the AI used bounce passes. Anyone that has ever played basketball on a competitive level knows that chest passes into the paint are typically a no go. But that leads to another problem of that you dont have pass around anyone in 2k including your on ball opponent. There are no pass angles and trajectories. You just click the pass button and you either succeed or fail. Theres no thing of the pass being slightly off the mark allowing the defense to recover. If better passing was incorporated the game would take another big step towards complete sim
100 with passing angles. That is what i thought the pass iq and pass vision ratings were for.

Settings I play on.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
Pro

I honestly have no idea what those ratings do because it seems as if every AI guard can pretty much make any pass
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I lost it when TT grabbed the board and quickly threw a bullet to JR, who was BEHIND HIM, while still in mid air and the ball going thru Milsap's neck.

Yeah, hopefully this is something that can be addressed sooner rather than later. I've noticed it happening more often this year than last year and while usually, I'm able to tune them out every now and then(especially since it wasn't happening as frequent)but when it pops up more, yeah....that's hard to ignore and not get frustrated by.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #7
MVP

Didn't watch, I came for the instrumental and was not disappointed...

Nah, good stuff dude.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #8
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Didn't watch, I came for the instrumental and was not disappointed...

Nah, good stuff dude.
Haha. "Breaking bad habits"

Settings I play on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »