Home

NBA 2k17 MyLeague After 5 Years: Data Showing Problems

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 MyLeague After 5 Years: Data Showing Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #57
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 MyLeague After 5 Years: Data Showing Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
The concept of attribute pairs developed in tandem (Open & Contested Mid-Range/Threes) is new, so there might be some further tweaking needed. I've added a couple of tunables which I'm hoping will make it into a patch that will allow us to adjust the progression of those two attribute pairs in the future without the need of further patches, so we can better match the proper numbers without the need for custom training profiles, so you can use training to actually develop teams and players the way you want rather than as workarounds.

Regarding the lack of A+ potential players, one of the next roster updates will include updated templates with higher max potentials for non-once-in-a-generation players so you should see more players eligible to develop into 90+ numbers without manual edits.
Quote:
Templates carrying over into existing saves is also in the pipeline for a future patch.
I had a feeling this could be patched...the potential for server tunables could be huge as well. Also a decent chance for existing save compatibility?

Thanks for the communication. The amount of potential fixes I've heard about in the past 48 hours or so is fantastic. All we need now is a little more contract accuracy and I'll be very happy with this game.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:20 PM   #58
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
The concept of attribute pairs developed in tandem (Open & Contested Mid-Range/Threes) is new, so there might be some further tweaking needed. I've added a couple of tunables which I'm hoping will make it into a patch that will allow us to adjust the progression of those two attribute pairs in the future without the need of further patches, so we can better match the proper numbers without the need for custom training profiles, so you can use training to actually develop teams and players the way you want rather than as workarounds.

Regarding the lack of A+ potential players, one of the next roster updates will include updated templates with higher max potentials for non-once-in-a-generation players so you should see more players eligible to develop into 90+ numbers without manual edits.
Come here and get a hug!

Seriously, thanks to you guys for all you do.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-30-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #59
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Debating on just waiting on the patch before I re-start. Don't know what to do in the meantime though lol.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #60
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
Templates carrying over into existing saves is also in the pipeline for a future patch.
Good to see you, Leftos. I knew you'd be lurking around here somewhere. All that sounds amazing, please pass on our thanks to the team for looking at it all.

I spent three hours running through variations on Lorenzo's balanced sliders, and I'm exhausted at this point. I can only imagine how tired you guys must be. Much respect, sir.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:59 PM   #61
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Hey guys, another thing to look out for...head coaches.

Have yall noticed anything weird? I haven't paid any attention until I noticed Steve Kerr was coaching the Bucks in a game I was playing. The Warriors had been the #1 or 2 seed every year of my franchise, so I'm guessing the Bucks simply signed him away during the offseason when his contract would have expired.

Granted, coaching contracts never really 'expire' in pro sports (they are extended or the coach is fired) but head coaches don't get signed away to coach somewhere else like that...especially if they're currently coaching this god-tier Warriors team. It's something to be mindful of when playing through MyLeague or signing a new coach yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #62
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Great work Lorenzo & co
Old 10-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #63
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Hey guys, another thing to look out for...head coaches.

Have yall noticed anything weird? I haven't paid any attention until I noticed Steve Kerr was coaching the Bucks in a game I was playing. The Warriors had been the #1 or 2 seed every year of my franchise, so I'm guessing the Bucks simply signed him away during the offseason when his contract would have expired.

Granted, coaching contracts never really 'expire' in pro sports (they are extended or the coach is fired) but head coaches don't get signed away to coach somewhere else like that...especially if they're currently coaching this god-tier Warriors team. It's something to be mindful of when playing through MyLeague or signing a new coach yourself.
Taking control of the AI teams during the coaching signing period does solve this, otherwise HCs like Pop and Kerr end up on the 76ers/Hornets -- the coaches usually go to the highest bidder, regardless of the team's current state or record I've found.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #64
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Hey Leftos, one more thing:

Would it be possible to let us know in this thread if and when any of these updates drop?

That way I can let people know when they can stop using workarounds in my slider thread and so on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »