Home

Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues

This is a discussion on Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #97
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Watch ;NBA 2K17 - eSports Ruins the Game? Double Team Cheese" o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
Until yall understand that these are just numbers that you are very much obviously stuck on, we can't advance the conversation.

If my ratings say I play like Steph Curry, but when I control him, I'm not like Steph, wouldn't you be mad? What would be the fix at that point? How could 2K bridge this gap if they gave you what you wanted, but people didn't see the desired result of being like these legends, even though the game doesn't prevent you anymore? At this point, how your player plays on the court would matter, and what I'm saying is that I'm already at this point. The result informs my opinion, not numbers that change in how they impact the game with each update to the game.

But if I'm playing like Steph when I'm controlling him, regardless of rating, am I not like Steph? I didn't need the rating for me to do that.

Is it lack of imagination? I really don't understand how number affect how you play the game so much, I don't need the have the same ratings as James Harden to mimic his game and have the same success.

Again, I understand that restrictions aren't good, but that's not what I'm arguing. I'm all for splitting the modes up so that your offline guy has no caps. I'm arguing against this idea that our MyPlayer's are role-players because numbers say so, when nobody is having a role-player career path and/or role player impact on the game. Its weird that people are stuck on numbers rather than their experience, and that's not a place that anyone needs to go in any facet of life. Do you get that?

Even when you dominates with average ratings, the game still treats you like you are a role player.

For example, in MyCareer, Justice and Myplayer are on the lakers squad, we both have the same overall ratings, but when i check out the roles, justice is considered a superstar meanwhile my player is just part of the core, or on the block a couple of days before that.
Your player cant even sign a max contract without the proper overall ratings. So yeah, the number affects the game.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #98
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
What else can I say that I didn't say already lol again the only thing I found issue with is smoove complaining about it when he himself dominates the game - to me it's what ruined his my career series. Who wants to watch a guy who always wins easily? I watch his other videos - but that's mostly it. Again - some of you guys keep acting like we said we don't want the option - why wouldn't we?. We just don't see it as something huge if we can still play no problem - it's our particular experience - particularly the role player comments I don't agree with. It's obvious they wanted to give us a challenge - see it as that - a challenge not a restriction. This whole topic is getting repetitive lol. Hope they bring it back and that's that. Nothing we can do as of now sadly.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
To be fair, in his last videos, he just dominates cause he just exploits the flaws of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The double team issue, cpu players leaving their matchups widenopen, the help defense system is broken too...
Old 10-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
To be fair, in his last videos, he just dominates cause he just exploits the flaws of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The double team issue, cpu players leaving their matchups widenopen, the help defense system is broken too...
That's part of it - but then again it's been the same since vc was introduced. It's never a challenge for him - so I don't see why he needs better stats lol. It's just a small restriction when it comes to players who can easily win like him.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2016, 12:15 AM   #100
Rookie

celtsfan1275's Arena

Quote:
Even when you dominates with average ratings, the game still treats you like you are a role player.

For example, in MyCareer, Justice and Myplayer are on the lakers squad, we both have the same overall ratings, but when i check out the roles, justice is considered a superstar meanwhile my player is just part of the core, or on the block a couple of days before that.
Your player cant even sign a max contract without the proper overall ratings. So yeah, the number affects the game.
Agreed. I hav no problem with caps, but these caps suck and make no sense. They're just too restrictive. Nba 2k14 had caps too, but they were reasonable. You could still make that superstar who could do it all as long as you made up for it with gameplay. Punish me for what I do, not for something out of my control. If I miss an open three with a 75 overall 3 pointer bc I fudged the release fine that's my fault. But if I miss an open 3 with a perfect release bc u won't allow me to upgrade it higher than that's not my fault. Yes players have roles but there is always a degree of versatility. Paul pierce in his prime was a slasher, but he could still hit threes and defend. Just go back to 2k14's system, it was much better
Old 10-02-2016, 01:04 AM   #101
Rookie

DeathstrokeXV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtsfan1275
Agreed. I hav no problem with caps, but these caps suck and make no sense. They're just too restrictive. Nba 2k14 had caps too, but they were reasonable. You could still make that superstar who could do it all as long as you made up for it with gameplay. Punish me for what I do, not for something out of my control. If I miss an open three with a 75 overall 3 pointer bc I fudged the release fine that's my fault. But if I miss an open 3 with a perfect release bc u won't allow me to upgrade it higher than that's not my fault. Yes players have roles but there is always a degree of versatility. Paul pierce in his prime was a slasher, but he could still hit threes and defend. Just go back to 2k14's system, it was much better
Even better, just go back to 2k11's system. Hell i'd be fine with them re-releasing 2k11 with updated graphics and presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #102
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathstrokeXV
Even better, just go back to 2k11's system. Hell i'd be fine with them re-releasing 2k11 with updated graphics and presentation.
I would happily pay for a season pass for 2k14 if they turned the servers back on.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #103
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

wasn't the double teaming supposed to be fixed?

i'm now getting double teamed with a 5 point 1 assist stat line. what the hell is this

Quote:
he is doing it like that to demonstrate just how bad it is

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »