Home

NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:40 AM   #9
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential

All I'll say is this... a month in.. I'm not enjoying NBA2K17 as much as I've enjoyed the last 2 iterations. The amount of bugs makes this ambitious undertaking of a game feel like a public beta and not a game I've spent hundreds on already. I'm not really having fun. I hope it gets better.

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 09-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

The game is a polished _____ all that 2K dev teams are several different teams and you can't blame one person for the whole dev team. Yes you can, if the person is there to represent the team, then your ire should be directed to the person who's making the claim.

What I don't understand is you make a design decision to give access to the end-user to adjust the game(A.C.E.) but you don't give him any knowledge on your defensive or offensive concepts. Madden does a wonderful job in it's tutorials to explain concepts and why you would use this particular concept in a situation. You should be like Madden and treat your customer as if he doesn't have any idea in what any of this means. They go on at length to explain concepts like Texas/Smash ect... and you can always go back to them in case you forget. A.C.E. is a brilliant concept, but it is only good for those who have the knowledge and are familiar with the terminology and remember terms differ from team to team and region to region. So you having an A.C.E. Concept on defense called "give it up" what am I giving up? shrink the floor who am I shrinking the floor for? so on and so forth. When you don't explain what your terms mean, they are open to interpretation and guesses which leads to misinformation which lead to bad defensive settings and slider adjustments and poor AI choices. This inside basketball stuff needs to take a back seat to hey how can I help the customer.

Da_Czar, puts forth the effort after the release to make you understand his terminology, what things mean in the context of what is happening. He is great and patient at explaining these things on the offensive side of the ball. I have learned a lot of "inside basketball" from him and I look at the game in a different light because of him.

Visual Concepts, it is about time you give these guys some dev time to develope a "CONCEPTS TUTORIAL" in the Vein of Madden. All these rehashed how to dribble how to shoot tutorials need to take a back seat to "Play basketball, not videogames.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll have to say, No, NBA 2K17 will not reach it's full potential. The super high ambition of the team, in concert with the shortened development time, and combined with the need to satisfy such a diverse customer base, make it a reality in my opinion that many areas of the game will fall very short of what people expect. I think that this the new permanent reality for the game. I don't say that as slam, just as an observation.

After playing the prelude and buying the game, I made a decision that basically wouldn't turn the game on again until around opening night of the NBA season. That is when I expected the game to be in a condition where I would have more fun than frustration. I feel like that was a pretty sound decision. Before, not having the patch yet, and all the other issue, would have had me quite bothered, but this year I'm just waiting out the storm.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Ronyell is an OperationSports VET. Been on here since at least 2k10 running sim leagues and being legit.

He brings up 100% valid points and people just shoot them down like hes a complainer.

All I'm saying is No Man's Sky is currently under investigation of misleading consumers and false advertising. If that goes down, 2k needs to be held accountable.

They made an entire 2:00 trailer for audio that is 100% a lie. If you think buys a game purely on audio is dumb, that's fine..but they literally made a separate advertising trailer for something that is completely not in the game. THAT is misleading consumers and false advertising.

Seems like gaming is the only form of media where people just blindly accept it...but if the NMS verdict finds them guilty...the game is about to change.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
I feel ya but Amidst all of the "This Game Sucks" Threads I really just wanted this thread to be a place where people would post if this game will reach its potential OR info on what is being fixed as Mecca has mentioned but not yet linked as we haven't had much dev interaction on the site this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if you're unaware, or just stating this to drive your point home, but it's simply not true. Mike has been posting here consistently since release.

You should look at his recent posts before throwing this out there.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Dear Lord this board is lolzy.

I'm disappointed though. I thought we'd have even more of the exact same threads.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #15
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't know if you're unaware, or just stating this to drive your point home, but it's simply not true. Mike has been posting here consistently since release.

You should look at his recent posts before throwing this out there.

In threads inquiring about or stating bugs?

#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
In threads inquiring about or stating bugs?

Yes, actually. Not every single one of them, nor has he posted any video evidence of him working on bugs...but he's talked about, and has already addressed some things...

Again, You can click on his name and follow his post history. You may even be able to get some concerns answered directly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »