Home

NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #33
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
You may disagree and hold a different view, you may find the game "broken" but, as a whole, it isn't. The car runs ... the AC may not work right all the time, but it runs.
If you buy a new car and the AC broke... you damn well better complain until it is fixed.

I get that people would be annoyed at the idea of someone claiming the entire game is broken/unplayable (because it's not) - but I don't think anyone is saying that?

I think people are saying: parts of the game are broken (you'll find this out the first day of playing, with no effort) and they're starting to get fed up with it happening every year... what can we do to prevent this from continuing?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #34
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
I am dumbfounded by the comments saying "the game is far from terrible"... if I purchased a car with all the bells and whistles, good gas mileage, looked dope and so on but the on occasion it would simply stop... THAT is BROKEN.

Can we stop with the car analogies? I understand they seem easy, but a $15k car that stops randomly is a DEADLY ISSUE that could risk your life and would make the car completely unusable. 95% of people can fire up a game of NBA 2k17 and have fun with no issues, not noticing anything wrong. If we're going to use the car analogy, then it's more like if your power locks didn't work or your free Sirius radio was broken. Sure, it'd annoy you and might make you mad until you got it fixed (for free from the dealership), but 95% of the other people using your car wouldn't even notice.

A better comparison would be like if your Slushy machine only had 8 flavors out of 10 that worked, and of the two remaining - one didn't taste quite right and the other wouldn't shut off after you used it. Sure, it's broken and needs repairs, but you can still enjoy the other 8 flavors perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #35
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingMalloryArche
Ronyell is an OperationSports VET. Been on here since at least 2k10 running sim leagues and being legit.

He brings up 100% valid points and people just shoot them down like hes a complainer.

All I'm saying is No Man's Sky is currently under investigation of misleading consumers and false advertising. If that goes down, 2k needs to be held accountable.

They made an entire 2:00 trailer for audio that is 100% a lie. If you think buys a game purely on audio is dumb, that's fine..but they literally made a separate advertising trailer for something that is completely not in the game. THAT is misleading consumers and false advertising.

Seems like gaming is the only form of media where people just blindly accept it...but if the NMS verdict finds them guilty...the game is about to change.
Yeah 2k does nothing but false advertise in the trailers. 300 total colorways != 300 scanned kicks. Also the audio stuff was a complete lie. Last year, be the story was a blatant lie. But y'all still buy 2k, and praise them.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 05:33 PM   #36
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
If you buy a new car and the AC broke... you damn well better complain until it is fixed.

I get that people would be annoyed at the idea of someone claiming the entire game is broken/unplayable (because it's not) - but I don't think anyone is saying that?

I think people are saying: parts of the game are broken (you'll find this out the first day of playing, with no effort) and they're starting to get fed up with it happening every year... what can we do to prevent this from continuing?
Complaining until it gets fixed won't change the time table. AC is not a requirement for a car, is a convenience. There was a time when cars didn't have it.

Good AI defense in a video game isn't a requirement. There was a time when sports video games had no such thing, when it was all predetermined based on what you did.

Yes, standards have changed and we now want full, functional, and near flawless AI defense out of the box, but that's not a reality for most games. It usually takes a patch or two to really get things right.

What we can do to prevent this from happening in the future is to not pre-order the game, not buy it until trusted reviewers comb it, top to bottom. We need to speak with the thing companies value most: money. The bottom line.

IF we do that as a whole, impact the sales numbers visibly, then we'll be able eh prevent it. But the industry knows that the majority of gamers will buy the game, especially if the offer incentives for early purchases.

We already bought 2k17. If we don't want to repeat this, we need to speak with our wallets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #37
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
NBA 2K17 At Its Full Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Can we stop with the car analogies? I understand they seem easy, but a $15k car that stops randomly is a DEADLY ISSUE that could risk your life and would make the car completely unusable. 95% of people can fire up a game of NBA 2k17 and have fun with no issues, not noticing anything wrong. If we're going to use the car analogy, then it's more like if your power locks didn't work or your free Sirius radio was broken. Sure, it'd annoy you and might make you mad until you got it fixed (for free from the dealership), but 95% of the other people using your car wouldn't even notice.

A better comparison would be like if your Slushy machine only had 8 flavors out of 10 that worked, and of the two remaining - one didn't taste quite right and the other wouldn't shut off after you used it. Sure, it's broken and needs repairs, but you can still enjoy the other 8 flavors perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever.

Yes we can stop with the "car analogies" although I was not scouring OS to make sure I didn't replicate any analogies...

How about no analogy and a clear cut answer as to how so many people are accepting of not getting what was advertised? It's an epidemic apparently. One that is is a contribution to why we get products that aren't 100 when released.

Tell me... what mode (flavor) of BASKETBALL can I enjoy if the fundamental element of defense in BASKETBALL is not working?

And thank you to all of you posting where Beluba is being active. I can appreciate that as well as his activity but that does not change the fact that he is A thread addressing SOME issues and there are many other advertised features that are simply not functioning that we have not been spoken to at all.

I realize he cant do it all but that is just my point. Acceptance of anything other than excellence and completion is what diminishes quality over time. This is why we are where we are in the world today but that is another story for another site. - This is how we are where we are with gaming today.

Not complaining. Just wanting the advertised items addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 09-30-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:17 PM   #38
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Complaining until it gets fixed won't change the time table.
Sure it will.

Chris Smoove made a video complaining about double teams and now they're jumping to fix it.

Keep giving feedback, people. Some will write you off as "whining complainer," but you're actually helping make the game be as great as it can be while others are fine with the status quo.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #39
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Sure it will.

Chris Smoove made a video complaining about double teams and now they're jumping to fix it.

Keep giving feedback, people. Some will write you off as "whining complainer," but you're actually helping make the game be as great as it can be while others are fine with the status quo.
Smoove is an apparent exception to the rule -- causation does not mean correlation. Just because Smoove made a video and complained about double teams and 2K is "jumping to fix it" does not indicate Smoove actually moved the needle. We have no information as to when the team was made aware of the issues Smoove made a video about and it's entirely possible (and I would say likely) that they knew of the issues and that they were already in the process of fixing it before Smoove's video.

They'll get to all the legitimate issues we can cite, but there's only so much time in a day and some things will be prioritized over others.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #40
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Sure it will.

I'm not arguing with your opinion on 'the squeeky wheel gets the grease' because we all know how effective it really is. However I'd say Chris making a video and the update with a fix are not as closely linked as you think. I'd say long before that video hit youtube 2K probably received many angry calls, emails and other forms of correspondence letting them know just how unhappy customers were. Saying Chris got something tweaked will just perpetuate rumors about stuff, and nobody needs that. Rumors, gossip and drama is the last thing a manly thing like video games deserves!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »