Home

Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park?

This is a discussion on Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Chemthethriller was saying he couldn't dribble very well, does that mean you guys can't pass either?

As a Point Forward SF, I can barely hit 3s in Pro-Am (I think my cap is around 70 ), but I can hit mid-range very well.

I can pass great, but I wonder if being a good passer is more about who is playing than what your rating is.

I don't mind not being a go-to scorer, but I would hate if I couldn't pass the ball well anymore.

How is passing online? A lot of TOs?
You can pass just fine, the issue with 3 LDDs is that you're passing to someone with low ball handling, low finishing, low shot, low post scoring. There are zero easy looks. You're man is too slow with the ball to have easier transition baskets, even running without the ball we felt too slow to do anything, and if slightly contested in transition it would mess up.

We had games that took much longer, that we ended up winning, but it was because we just couldn't score without them messing up on defense.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #10
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
You can pass just fine, the issue with 3 LDDs is that you're passing to someone with low ball handling, low finishing, low shot, low post scoring. There are zero easy looks. You're man is too slow with the ball to have easier transition baskets, even running without the ball we felt too slow to do anything, and if slightly contested in transition it would mess up.

We had games that took much longer, that we ended up winning, but it was because we just couldn't score without them messing up on defense.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't play a team of all LDDs then... but not being able to drive in? I don't know if I can really handle that part.

I'm thinking LDD shines more in Pro-Am on a balanced team than in Park...

Right now, my Point Forward is definitely a park build (cuz he'll be great with boosts), but I am struggling defensively on sharp shooter SG/SFs in ProAm
Old 09-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
I have; and I do not recommend it. The extra defensive ability just does not make up for the sub-par offense that you have. You're honestly way better off just picking an offensive archetype in the long run. The 70 something defensive ratings for the offensive archetypes get the job done just fine for me.
I have a LDD SF and I both agree and disagree with you. What I agree is some stats are not needed to be extreme if you are a mobile LDD such as strength or rebounding. Dribbling is average but this is true for any other archetypes beside play makers. Shooting is average but not bad.

However the defensive stats, especially lateral quickness and steal, and the badges, e.g. defensive stopper, pick dodger, pick pocket and take charge are really worth it, e.g. avoiding picks, quick lateral movement, neutralizing offensive badges, taking charges and great steal ability. Get mid range deadeye, catch and shoot and difficult shot and LDD can shoot pretty well. Post scoring ~70 seems decent as well; my post scoring is limited but shimmy works well for me.

I guess what you want to play is what matters. I am not a crafty play maker and defensive builds fit me well. I find playing defense is more challenging but fun. Haven't had time to play after today's update yet but I guess LDD will be much more valuable now defending against shooters.

Last edited by celviano; 09-30-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #12
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I love my LDD PG. it does matter every time we play Pro Am we dominate on the defensive end.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

I have a Lockdown Defender and love it to be honest, I made him 6'8 200 pounds thinking I'd guard point guards, shooting guards and small forwards but what has happened is that since my rebounding and strength are so high I can play at power forward which is a huge advantage since my speed is 81 and rebounding is 77 without boosts. I dunk over centers off rebounds and can outrun any power forward or center archetype.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't play a team of all LDDs then... but not being able to drive in? I don't know if I can really handle that part.

I'm thinking LDD shines more in Pro-Am on a balanced team than in Park...

Right now, my Point Forward is definitely a park build (cuz he'll be great with boosts), but I am struggling defensively on sharp shooter SG/SFs in ProAm
My lockdown defender is great in park for 3s, because I'm faster than any center and I can rebound over everyone but glass cleaners. It's death for stretch bigs too, I can guard the pick and roll and strip them when they try to put the ball on the floor.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #15
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

LDD sounds like a Point Forward but with real defense. I am really average in everything except passing (but starting to feel passing is something that most everyone can do no matter what their rating is).

I'm starting to think they didn't just make LDDs superior at Defense, but they also made everyone else way worse, which would explain why Sharp Shooters are lighting people up cuz almost nobody made an LDD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #16
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by celviano
I have a LDD SF and I both agree and disagree with you. What I agree is some stats are not needed to be extreme if you are a mobile LDD such as strength or rebounding. Dribbling is average but this is true for any other archetypes beside play makers. Shooting is average but not bad.

However the defensive stats, especially lateral quickness and steal, and the badges, e.g. defensive stopper, pick dodger, pick pocket and take charge are really worth it, e.g. avoiding picks, quick lateral movement, neutralizing offensive badges, taking charges and great steal ability. Get mid range deadeye, catch and shoot and difficult shot and LDD can shoot pretty well. Post scoring ~70 seems decent as well; my post scoring is limited but shimmy works well for me.

I guess what you want to play is what matters. I am not a crafty play maker and defensive builds fit me well. I find playing defense is more challenging but fun. Haven't had time to play after today's update yet but I guess LDD will be much more valuable now defending against shooters.
Yeah, great points. For me it became more of a personnel issue. My friends that I play with all expect me to play a scoring role; and the LDD build just didn't vibe with the rest of the pieces that we had.

However, with the right complimentary builds surrounding you, I think the LDD can be very effective in park/pro-am. I wouldn't go so far as to say that every team needs one, but it's definately a nice build to have in your back pocket. I'm glad I made mine, I will surely use it down the road if the situation calls for it.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »