Home

Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park?

This is a discussion on Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:51 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
LDD sounds like a Point Forward but with real defense. I am really average in everything except passing (but starting to feel passing is something that most everyone can do no matter what their rating is).

I'm starting to think they didn't just make LDDs superior at Defense, but they also made everyone else way worse, which would explain why Sharp Shooters are lighting people up cuz almost nobody made an LDD.
They aren't point forwards, your speed with the ball is really bad. The small forward LDD are sort of like Athletic finishers though, if you make them 6'8-6'10 and low weight you can guard all 5 positions and as long as you have a good PG you can score by cutting.

Sharpshooters can make shots against you, but they can't dribble against you like they can vs everyone else.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #18
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any Lockdown Defender builds here that have been playing Pro-Am/Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
They aren't point forwards, your speed with the ball is really bad. The small forward LDD are sort of like Athletic finishers though, if you make them 6'8-6'10 and low weight you can guard all 5 positions and as long as you have a good PG you can score by cutting.

Sharpshooters can make shots against you, but they can't dribble against you like they can vs everyone else.
What are the numbers for LDD's speed/ball control type stuff?

My speed with the ball caps at 94, Ball Control caps at 91, and my Speed caps at 87.

I can cut decently, I have driving layup capped at 81 and Driving dunk capped at 73.

My 3 point shooting caps at 72, which is good in park, but harder to use in pro-am.

I would say it's giving me an above average passer (meaningless?) and an average-ish scorer. But if all the builds can pass, maybe being a "jack of all trades" was a bad idea?

Maybe I should be a crazy good defender with average scoring or a crazy good scorer with average defense? Or is my ball handling good enough to keep going with my Point Forward (I can at least get open easily or pass it)?

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 09-30-2016 at 05:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »