Home

NBA 2K17 has become a game of Cheesy Player Builds instead of Skill

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 has become a game of Cheesy Player Builds instead of Skill within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 02:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 has become a game of Cheesy Player Builds instead of Skill

it starts with the consumer first. gaming wouldnt be a world of micro transactions like it is today if gamers would actually stand for themselves and maybe just maybe developers have no choice but to actually release a full game not have you foaming out the mouth wanting more
Old 10-01-2016, 03:33 AM   #10
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yze
Furthermore it's ridiculously ludicrous to expect players to know what they want to play for 150 hours or (99$) right when they create their first character.
this is a good point. when i first played the prelude I looked at the archetypes, and I said "well, shot creator will probably allow me to play most like my previous players"

which turned out to be a horrible choice. I'd have much rather picked a sharp shooter. but i already sunk money into my shot creator.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:42 AM   #11
Pro

For anyone thinking lockdown is underpowered - I get player of the game almost every match. It depends a lot on build. I love mine and I don't feel weak at all. I actually feel strong. I have good averages in pro am. At the end of the day your skill and team will matter more. Still 86 and still need some badges. Yet I'm still effective. If I'm getting player of the game consistently that means I'm just as effective as other builds.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leasim96; 10-01-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #12
Pro

Vroman's Arena

You rely on your teammates alot more than previous years for success in park. Good spacing, good screens, making that extra pass instead forcing it semi contested, big effort on defense and well timed help defence is the pieces that will give you a W 8/10 times in park on their own.

Even more so for shot creator, team has to recognize what u can do and how to set you up. Only with very few people i feel comfortable teamming up at park as post scorer because they know what i do and we can really trust each other.

There will always be a path of least resistance aka sharpshooters, playmakers, glass cleaners but its because most people do not look deep into what each other archetype can do and just pick whatever other "pro" player picks.

Last edited by Vroman; 10-01-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #13
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
And the community has devolved into a bunch of entitled 12-year-olds who literally complain about everything until the games are patched into oblivion, until the game is no longer enjoyable for about 1/3 of its lifespan.

"No longer enjoyable" because this isn't suppose to be nba street or NBA jam? I'd honestly advise people to go buy those games if they want a arcade game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 11:19 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
"No longer enjoyable" because this isn't suppose to be nba street or NBA jam? I'd honestly advise people to go buy those games if they want a arcade game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You all really like to take people's answers and opinions to the extreme, don't you?

15 was not enjoyable near the end because of the insane shooting and demigod glitch that 2k refused to fix. 16 felt like a chore to play near the end of the cycle. Movement was slow and clunky, and shooting was probably the worst I've ever seen in the series' entirety, especially combined with the system of 'your player can randomly come into the game hot or cold.' Also, the game's ability to randomly turn your character on or off during games. Great game out of the box, a terrible game near the end. (And don't give me that 'you must've been a speed booster' crap. I was a SG, and I couldn't do it anyway.)

If the whiners here turn this into 2k16 v2, this game will have an early shelf life for me.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 10-01-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:31 AM   #15
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yze
Real Talk. They should make VC refundable when you delete characters. This cookie cutter world of impossible to balance nonsense is the direct result of the obfuscation of meaning during character creation and the inability to revert choices. What does a little yellow triangle up mean for me in terms of stats +2? +5? etc... Clearly in an ideal world with a game balanced to be fun every choice would be a viable one but as someone who picked post scorer I can tell you that isn't the truth. Furthermore it's ridiculously ludicrous to expect players to know what they want to play for 150 hours or (99$) right when they create their first character.
Exactly. The time investment or VC investment is so steep that one wrong move and you're screwed. So this becomes the year of "I picked the correct OP player build" over skill. Which is understandable 'cause of the consequences of picking the wrong type of player.

I don't think 2K is factoring in a long-term view of retaining customers. When a company exceeds the line of reasonable investment of time or money to make core game modes (2k pro am, mypark, myteam, etc) even playable, customer burnout is a possibility. A game shouldn't be THIS MUCH of a chore to play. If this thread is right - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...put-words.html, then they exceed any other game on the market by far for leveling up your player as far as time or $$ investment. For the addicts, it's not a problem. For everyone else, are they gonna keep buying with all the hoops to jump through?

Last edited by jax01; 10-03-2016 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »