Home

Small Forwards: What kind of player you got?

This is a discussion on Small Forwards: What kind of player you got? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Icon5 Small Forwards: What kind of player you got?

Im creating this thread for 1 reason: I dont enjoy playing the game. I mostly play ProAM and MyPark, like the last 2 years, where i really enjoyed, however in 2k17 i feel like my player is really really under the standards and i explain why:
I have created a 6.7'- 222 Lbs SF Shot Creator with 1 level before max wing span. I'm currently at 90 overall with the following stats:
Shotting of dribble 12
Layups dunks 18
Mod range 8
3p 9
Post 6
Agility 21 maxed
Strength 7 maxed
Reb 5
Playmaking 14 (74 ball control!! )
Defending 10 (maxes at 11)
I'm just about entering the playoffs, have been playing the last 15 games in 12' quarters and i dont have much time to spend on re-launching a career. However i m really thinking of creating a new player (despite the fact that its so so so boring re-earning badges and doing training) because:
1. I have maxed my dunks, got posterizer but really struggle to enter and score in the paint
2. Shorter players even PGs dunk on my at the park like crazy
3. I can only make 3s from the corner and thats it. Missing wide open 3s from any point
4. Speed is OK but not perfect. Wanted it more for defence and to run on fast breaks
5. Playmaking? What a joke! I get the ball stollen 5 out of 10 times in ProAM

I'm in deep thoughts going on a same type of SF but Slasher this time in order to be more versatile or even a 6.8 PF Slasher and as quick as possbile.
What do you think? Suggestions are more than welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Small Forwards: What kind of player you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepal
Im creating this thread for 1 reason: I dont enjoy playing the game. I mostly play ProAM and MyPark, like the last 2 years, where i really enjoyed, however in 2k17 i feel like my player is really really under the standards and i explain why:
I have created a 6.7'- 222 Lbs SF Shot Creator with 1 level before max wing span. I'm currently at 90 overall with the following stats:
Shotting of dribble 12
Layups dunks 18
Mod range 8
3p 9
Post 6
Agility 21 maxed
Strength 7 maxed
Reb 5
Playmaking 14 (74 ball control!! )
Defending 10 (maxes at 11)
I'm just about entering the playoffs, have been playing the last 15 games in 12' quarters and i dont have much time to spend on re-launching a career. However i m really thinking of creating a new player (despite the fact that its so so so boring re-earning badges and doing training) because:
1. I have maxed my dunks, got posterizer but really struggle to enter and score in the paint
2. Shorter players even PGs dunk on my at the park like crazy
3. I can only make 3s from the corner and thats it. Missing wide open 3s from any point
4. Speed is OK but not perfect. Wanted it more for defence and to run on fast breaks
5. Playmaking? What a joke! I get the ball stollen 5 out of 10 times in ProAM

I'm in deep thoughts going on a same type of SF but Slasher this time in order to be more versatile or even a 6.8 PF Slasher and as quick as possbile.
What do you think? Suggestions are more than welcome!
Why did you not max out shot off dribble? The shot creator is all about converting difficult shots ala Kobe.

If you only invest 12 bars instead of 25, youre gonna be mediocre at your best trait, and mediocre all around.

If you wanted to posterize / get into the paint primarily to score, you should have chosen slasher.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

I made a 6'8 shot creator and he scores around the rim pretty well. A lot more layups than dunks, but I'd recommend putting on Zach Lavine and Lebron dunk packages. Use screens off the dribble.

Shot creator is best for mid range, pull ups, off the dribble (Shooting Guard shot creators might be a better option if you want your ball control high, their ball control maxes at 77 so you can get the dribble packages).
Old 10-01-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
Pro

My playmaking maxes at 74 and cannot even change the ISO dribble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
Pro

What height and wingspan would you suggest for a slasher SF?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

i made a shot creator to remake Joe Johnson.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I have a 6'6 Slasher SF and he's a BEAST. 90+ dunks and layups. 88 speed. 79 ball control, 77 speed with the ball, 75 midrange, 80+ shot close. With Lob City and Teardropper, you are a beast on the cut, on the wing in transition and catching and attacking. The ballhandling is actually good enough to cook people and the high dunk/layup rating ensures that you explode and launch at the earliest point. If you use boosts, the class is really perfect at everything except 3s. It's very much a Dwyane Wade/Lebron build, but splitting the difference in height. I think long term, with the right team, it's a very strong build overall.

Someone mentioned that there might be some ghost stats making the Slasher better at defense. I don't know if that's true, but the Rated Sim folks can tell you I draw a ton of charges, get a lot of steals and close out really well because of my speed. The only mismatch at SF is a strong 6'9 player, but in the Pro Am that's not really a great attack because you have time to call out the slow, plodding inside attack. On the perimeter, I feel like I'm the next best build to an LDD, defensively.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepal
What height and wingspan would you suggest for a slasher SF?

I made a 6'7 230 lbs max wingspan and I love it, especially after the fix to relentless finisher. I would say go max wingspan. I already dunk on a lot of people and do some insane dunks. You might get more dunks if your 6'8 or 6'9, but you take a hit to SwB and Speed. These can be fixed if you use boost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »