Home

This shooting tweak.

This is a discussion on This shooting tweak. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: This shooting tweak.

So you noticed the grade dropped for open shots to B- and below if not green, too, eh?
Old 10-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I feel for you man... It's a premonition I had.. 2k nerfing the Shooting..

I haven't made a Sharpshooter and don't intend to but this bait and switch is nasty.. it's filthy.. it's slimy.. it's rotten.. I dunno man.. I don't like how they sell you on these super ratings and HOF badges plus GRAND BADGE.. then not even a month? into the game they humble those ratings through behind the scenes slider tweaks..

You could go down a difficulty or two... also look into the shot quality on your open looks.. if you're getting poor grades: you might be experiencing a shot meter glitch..

My next expectation is the hammer and knife to the Playmaker ability of Point Forwards and Playmakers.. I'm just waiting and expecting.. it's inevitable..

Their strategy: sell us on the big ticket to success.. then kill your success after taking your hard work, your time, and your money invested into obtaining this big ticket..
Cheers dude, but it's not a shot meter glitch. On a couple of occasions I've got completely open with no one around and the grades are back to normal.

I'm on the celtics and we're still winning, but I now get a good portion of my points from slashing! That's how ridiculous this is.

I like the challenge of HoF, and I'm pretty sure I'd just be blowing the cpu out on a lower difficulty.

This isn't the game that was promised and/or advertised. Not just the shooting, because the shooting was so ridiculously inconsistent on 16 that i didn't even expect to be able to go 4-8 unless using one of the 2 or 3 jumpshots that may have worked on that game on HoF.

But the cpu ratings boosts that we were told had been nerfed, the speed boosting to any open ball, offensive rebounds are still a massive issue. Last game against Atlanta, they got 15 off rebounds versus our 3 for example.

This game scored 89 on metacritic (down from 91), and I'm just at a loss. I have a few careers going, so I just lurch from one to the other hoping that I can at least find some enjoyment in one of them and something sticks. I understand that some people absolutely love this game too, so I don't think my views are a full representation of how this game is performing. I'm a business development manager in my real life, and I always tell my guys to under promise and over deliver. 2k have promised things that just aren't even close to being delivered.

A camel is a horse drawn by committee, and 2k17 is a game ruined for esports (I was saying that before smoove!).
Old 10-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballlogic
Like ive said in other threads, when the kids complain, Beluba gives them what they want. Yall gonna a learn to stop making threads about things that should be patched cuz you had a bad game. Learn to play better defense
Has nothing to do with playing better defense, it makes user offense bad as well.

Sorry the game got harder for you, turn the difficulty down or run a better offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballlogic
Like ive said in other threads, when the kids complain, Beluba gives them what they want. Yall gonna a learn to stop making threads about things that should be patched cuz you had a bad game. Learn to play better defense

Guess if u want change on this game, all u have to do is cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Yeah, I saw that coming. Dudes hop on OS and cry that shooters are shooting, and celebrate that everyone shoots like 34%.

Again, I'm not a sharpshooter. And I'm not mad. Just observing.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
Has nothing to do with playing better defense, it makes user offense bad as well.

Sorry the game got harder for you, turn the difficulty down or run a better offense.
Out of the box shooting with the shot stick made the game way too easy, so I am glad they adjusted the shooting percentages they also change the way the game identified open shots, vs crowed vs defended shots which I prefer there was too many defended shots going in.

Last edited by coolcras7; 10-01-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #15
Rookie

Cwb917's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaTheDream
Would you mind telling me how much your fg% dropped?
What was it before the patch and what is it now?
I rarely shoot contested shots, Im a 90 OVR sf sharpshooter with 91 3 and midrange. Before the patch i was shooting around 40 pct from 3 in pro am games. We played 4 games last night and it was averaging 25% on wide open corner 3 looks . Many times i was getting a C- or D grade if a guy was within 5 feet of me.

Before and post patch i always shoot jumpers with button and use stick for layup and dunk situations. I dont even keep track of stats at the park because with the input lag it seems so wildly inconsistent. I could be 4/5 one game and 0/7 the next.

Last edited by Cwb917; 10-01-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwb917
I rarely shoot contested shots, Im a 90 OVR sf sharpshooter with 91 3 and midrange. Before the patch i was shooting around 40 pct from 3 in pro am games. We played 4 games last night and it was averaging 25% on wide open corner 3 looks . Many times i was getting a C- or D grade if a guy was within 5 feet of me.

Before and post patch i always shoot jumpers with button and use stick for layup and dunk situations. I dont even keep track of stats at the park because with the input lag it seems so wildly inconsistent. I could be 4/5 one game and 0/7 the next.
This was my experience last night as well playing pro am. The highest shooting percentage in a game that I had last night was 40%, with the majority of games being around 30% shooting on nothing but open looks from the corner catch and shoot. All hall of fame badges too, 94 3pt rating and being assisted by hall of fame dimer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »