Home

Passing inside the paint too easy?

This is a discussion on Passing inside the paint too easy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Passing inside the paint too easy?

Is passing in the paint the new cheese? It is supposed to be difficult to feed the post. Yet the pf and the centers just pass the ball around the paint until one of them gets some space for a layup or a dunk. I have seen very very few occasions of turnovers in the paint trying to pass in traffic.

Except from shrink the floor what other defensive instructions can someone give to reduce it?
I mean there are two post defenders in the paint. Can't someone raise a hand for a deflection or anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Passing inside the paint too easy?

Yes totally. Put this comment on this thread please we are talking about it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ooting-53.html
Old 10-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

It's too easy to lead pass into the paint, has been for a couple years.. However, it's also bad defense and people's reaction times not quick enough. I stay onto my team because they let left corner to right corner lob passes go through without any sort of trying to bat the ball down. People simply don't pay attention enough to steal those lead passes that are EASY steals this year. Makes me wish I was a big man sometimes to steal those 10-15+ lead passes that get through on us a game.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
It's too easy to lead pass into the paint, has been for a couple years.. However, it's also bad defense and people's reaction times not quick enough. I stay onto my team because they let left corner to right corner lob passes go through without any sort of trying to bat the ball down. People simply don't pay attention enough to steal those lead passes that are EASY steals this year. Makes me wish I was a big man sometimes to steal those 10-15+ lead passes that get through on us a game.
Absolutely true, but it's also true that the steal button is poorly designed for quick reactions when you're already in position. The input lag is too high and the animations can be too high risk in a situation where the pass was a really bad decision.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #5
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

CPU seems to abuse this issue, too, which also lead to some of the high FG%. I just forgot to mention it. The contested shot issue was causing me to bang my head into the wall.

Use the thread linked by Ricky.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 10-01-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #6
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Lead passing the new cheese? That has been in the game for a LONG time. Last year it was almost impossible to stop.

It's not as bad this year IMO, i find it way easier to intercept passes in pro am. The CPU never allows lead passes either.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Lead passing was fixed when the game first dropped out of the box it was great but then some started crying about passing being "zippier" duh!?!? Smfh and 2k brought bullet passes and that lead to lead passing getting thru bodies again as previous iterations! Smfh again!! So i keep telling them to understand how awful was to make the passing that bullety yet i can't make enough noise about i guess i don't know but it irks me a lot and i hope they bring pre-patch passing back asap. Again and again smfh!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »