Home

Pre-Patch Gameplay vs. Post-Patch Gameplay

This is a discussion on Pre-Patch Gameplay vs. Post-Patch Gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 06:34 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Patch Gameplay vs. Post-Patch Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs Power
That's pretty farthetched when there's enough evidence in the other forum that states that Live 17 will come out

It's whether it will be polished, deep enough to consider and liked by the youtube community and gamers in general that can give it a chance. That's the tough thing to occur
Ahh ok. fair enough I'll take your word. I've never bought or even downloaded free on ea access, but I'll buy it if it does make the shelves
Old 10-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like to request that someone take a look at this video. If you don't wanna watch all of it that's cool. But, just take a couple of minutes and check it out. I recorded this about 30 minutes ago. This is the physical copy of the game as is...No patches and No tuners. Just straight out of the package gameplay. I want you to notice the pace of the game...the player movement...just the action. The only thing that I touched...as you will see during the video if you choose to look at it is I went in(this is CPU vs CPU) to each teams Coach Settings and turned Help Defense up to 100. I also turned Body Up Sensitivity down to 32. Other than that...it all Hall Of Fame Sliders(the sliders as they were straight out of the package. To my eyes, what the game was out of the package and what it is now is Night and Day different.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 2

Pre-patch gameplay for me as well. The game was more responsive than the current state. It is a chore to get past your man now on HOF and the bumping is back with a vengeance. Speed passing is making it a chore to play lockdown defense as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #36
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Tuning is different from the patch. Tuning is done on the back end. The patch is what you download. Just to clear that up. FG tuning could likely have been done without downloading anything.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I know, but in this thread people are lumping it all together.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #37
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I would like to request that someone take a look at this video. If you don't wanna watch all of it that's cool. But, just take a couple of minutes and check it out. I recorded this about 30 minutes ago. This is the physical copy of the game as is...No patches and No tuners. Just straight out of the package gameplay. I want you to notice the pace of the game...the player movement...just the action. The only thing that I touched...as you will see during the video if you choose to look at it is I went in(this is CPU vs CPU) to each teams Coach Settings and turned Help Defense up to 100. I also turned Body Up Sensitivity down to 32. Other than that...it all Hall Of Fame Sliders(the sliders as they were straight out of the package. To my eyes, what the game was out of the package and what it is now is Night and Day different.

Nice! The pace and movement looks much better than the current game. Now it just seems guys are hyper speeding boosting everywhere in comparison.

That drive where George penetrates and Parsons tries to stop him is perfect. That's NBA basketball. There was contact, but no over the top suction animation, or an auto post up, or some brick wall garbage. Same with later on where Parsons comes in. You see that so many times in in a NBA game, even if the guy penetrating is a nobody. Some pick and rolls looked great too. Seemed organic and pretty smooth.

There were a couple of perimeter interactions I didn't like, and it's not necessarily the physicality (I'm fine with some no calls) but more the actual animation. But if the game played like that with next to no tweaks, I'm super impressed.

Good find. Enjoy it, bro. I've given up on 2K17 as of yesterday. NBAFL2K Jam just isn't fun for me. I uninstalled and redownloaded. Took forever (super slow PSN speeds) and it auto applies the patch before the game is even fully copied over, so until it's fixed, I'm playing 2K16. It's a shame 2K16 doesn't have the new stuff. It plays like a different engine, where I'm not on super charged roller skates smashing into everyone on the court.

I hope pleasing the crowd who actually likes this (current NBA2K17) style of play is worth pleasing, because they are really running the risk of losing customers who'd much prefer a physics abiding, NBA simulation experience. I'm sure they are though, what with all of the online play. It's where the money is at. Buying dribble packages and celebrations to use after you double alley ooped a 360 windmill on 2 guys is what's destroying my fun in trying to play the game I've been watching my entire life, and it sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »